| refer to caption |
Webb with the New York Giants in 2018
|No. 24 – Cincinnati Bengals|
|Born:||May 3, 1990|
Newport News, Virginia
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||188 lb (85 kg)|
(Newport News, Virginia)
|College:||William & Mary|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 4 / Pick: 114|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
William Wilson "B.W." Webb Jr. (born May 3, 1990) is an American football cornerback for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at William & Mary, and was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Webb was born in Newport News, Virginia. He attended Warwick High School and Hampton Roads Academy under the tutelage of Coach Abe Mikell in Newport News, and played high school football for the Warwick Raiders. While working with Coach Abe Mikell, Webb developed his fundamentals and love of the game. He was a two year starter at cornerback and wide receiver. Webb had seven career interceptions, two of which were returned for scores. He was named to first team All-Peninsula District as a cornerback (2007), and earned honorable mention distinction as a junior.
He was also a standout track athlete at Warwick, he ran a career best time of 6.60 seconds in the 55 metres. He excelled in triple jump and long jump as well. He was named to the All-America Team in track and field.
Webb decided to enroll in the College of William & Mary, where he played for the William & Mary Tribe football team from 2008 to 2012. After redshirting in 2008, he was honored as the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Defensive Rookie of the Year. He was also selected to the All-CAA second-team as a cornerback and to the all-league third team as a punt returner. He was tied for second nationally with eight interceptions, including a pair of interceptions returned for touchdowns, and totaled 160 interception return yards.
In 2010, he was selected to the All-CAA first team as a cornerback and garnered second-team honors as a punt returner after finished the season with 42 tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss, an interception and six passes broken up. In 2011, he earned first-team all-conference honors at cornerback for the second consecutive season, and finished the season with 40 tackles, 3.0 tackles for a loss and two interceptions.
As a senior, he garnered first-team all-league distinction as a cornerback for the third consecutive season, he also earned second-team all-conference honors as a punt returner. He finished his career with nine postseason all-conference honors, and set a school record with 48 career starts. He started all 11 games and totaled 46 tackles, two fumble recoveries, a forced fumble, eight passes broken up and a tackle for loss. He was initiated as a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity at William and Mary.
|16px B.W. Webb’s NFL Combine Workout|
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 10 in||184 lb||4.46 s||1.55 s||2.50 s||3.84 s||6.82 s||40.5 in||11 ft 0 in||14 rep|
|16px Cowboys draft B.W. Webb 114th overall|
Webb entered training camp slated as the fourth cornerback on the depth chart. Head coach Jason Garrett named Webb the fourth cornerback on the depth chart to begin the regular season, behind Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, and Orlando Scandrick.
He made his professional regular season debut in the Dallas Cowboys’ season-opening 36–31 victory against the New York Giants. In Week 8, he collected a season-high three solo tackles and deflected a pass during a 27–23 win against the Minnesota Vikings. Webb saw an increased snap count in Weeks 9–10 after Morris Claiborne was sidelined due to a hamstring injury. On December 9, 2013, Webb had a dismal performance and was benched in favor of Sterling Moore during a 45–28 loss at the Chicago Bears in a Week 13. He was surpassed by Sterling Moore on the depth chart and was demoted to the scout team for the remainder of the season. Webb was inactive as a healthy scratch for the Dallas Cowboys’ 24–22 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in a Week 17. Webb finished his rookie season in 2013 with 16 combined tackles (13 solo) and one pass deflection in 15 games and zero starts.
Throughout training camp, Webb competed against Sterling Moore, Tyler Patmon, Terrance Mitchell, and Dashaun Phillips to be the fourth cornerback on the depth chart. On August 28, 2014, the Dallas Cowboys waived Webb after he was inactive for their fourth preseason game due to a hip flexor.
On August 29, 2014, the Pittsburgh Steelers claimed Webb off of waivers. Head coach Mike Tomlin named Webb the fifth cornerback on the Steelers’ Depth Chart to begin the season, behind Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen, William Gay, and Brice McCain.
On September 9, 2015, he was signed to the Tennessee Titans practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on November 8, for a game against the New Orleans Saints in which he recorded his first career interception. He appeared in 9 games (2 starts), while registering 22 tackles, one interception and three passes defensed. On September 2, 2016, he was released as part of final roster cuts.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
On September 14, 2016, Webb was signed by the New Orleans Saints, to provide depth at the cornerback position after Delvin Breaux suffered a broken fibula. He played in 14 games with eight starts with the Saints, recording career-highs of 28 tackles and 11 passes defensed to go along with one interception.
On December 19, 2017, Webb signed with the Cleveland Browns. He was waived on December 29, 2017. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Browns on January 1, 2018. He was released on March 15, 2018.
New York GiantsEdit
- ↑ "B.W. Webb bio". http://www.tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3556. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- ↑ "B.W. Webb profile". http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103568&draftyear=2013. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- ↑ "Cowboys select cornerback BW Webb in fourth round". http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4708089/cowboys-select-cornerback-bw-webb-in-fourth-round. Retrieved February 19, 2016.
- ↑ "Spotrac.com: B.W. Webb contract". https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/b.w.-webb-12395/. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ Drummond, K.D. (May 14, 2013). "Cowboys Sign Third Draft Pick, Fourth Round Cornerback B.W. Webb". https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/14/4332400/dallas-cowboys-sign-fourth-round-cornerback-b-w-webb-salary-cap-rookies-contract-holloman-randle. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ MacMahon, Tim (July 5, 2013). "Cowboys position series: Cornerbacks". http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4709990/cowboys-position-series-cornerbacks-3. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ "Ourlads.com: Dallas Cowboys Depth Chart: 09/05/2013". https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/150/DAL. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ Kaye, Mike (November 24, 2013). "Morris Claiborne injury: Cowboys CB suffers setback with hamstring against Giants". https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/11/24/5141502/morris-claiborne-injury-cowboys-cb-suffers-setback-with-hamstring. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ Macelli, Dawn (December 13, 2013). "B.W. Webb: Playing "Too Young"". https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/12/13/5204748/bw-webb-playing-too-young. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ "NFL Player stats: B.W. Webb (2013)". http://www.nfl.com/player/b.w.webb/2539338/gamelogs?season=2013. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ "NFL Player stats: B.W. Webb (Career)". http://www.nfl.com/player/b.w.webb/2539338/careerstats. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ "Last Time Out: 2013 Analysis Of The Cowboys CBs". July 22, 2014. https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/last-time-out-2013-analysis-of-the-cowboys-cbs-350776. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ Drummond, K.D. (July 24, 2014). "Cuts Coming: Who's Winning Camp Battles?". https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Cuts-Coming-Whos-Winning-Camp-Battles-105125353/. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- ↑ Alper, Josh. "Cowboys waive 2013 fourth-rounder B.W. Webb". Pro Football Talk. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/cowboys-waive-2013-fourth-rounder-b-w-webb/. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ↑ Gantt, Darin. "Steelers claim a corner the Cowboys didn’t want — really". Pro Football Talk. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/29/steelers-claim-a-corner-the-cowboys-didnt-want-really/. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ↑ "Ourlads.com: Pittsburgh Steelers Depth Chart: 09/01/2014". https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/162/PIT. Retrieved November 7, 2018.
- ↑ "Steelers reduce roster to 53 players; sign cornerback Ross Cockrell". September 5, 2015. http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-reduce-roster-to-53-players-sign-cornerback-Ross-Cockrell/805b9ee2-caaa-4f20-b161-4e36d0811b3a. Retrieved March 2, 2017.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (September 2, 2016). "Titans Down to 53 Players: A Position-by-Position Look". Archived from the original on August 7, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170807023144/http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Down-to-53-Players-A-Position-by-Position-Look/628127bc-7013-4906-a04d-bd1f9e8ce8fa.
- ↑ "New Orleans Saints release RB C.J. Spiller". http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-and-events/article-1/New-Orleans-Saints-release-RB-CJ-Spiller/3ffb39a6-4c80-4c9a-8b77-c93604f5d3cb.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (April 5, 2017). "Bears ink B.W. Webb to one-year deal". http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-rostermoves/Bears-ink-BW-Webb-to-one-year-deal/d76e15cd-6467-4217-af7d-01d494f48890.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (September 2, 2017). "Bears reach NFL’s 53-man roster limit". http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-reach-NFL%E2%80%99s-53-man-roster-limit/b7be2dbe-3ca1-44db-854c-c477b0c70377.
- ↑ "Browns add DB B.W. Webb and place DB Derrick Kindred on injured reserve". December 19, 2017. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-add-db-b-w-webb-and-place-db-derrick-kindred-on-injured-reserve-20017301.
- ↑ "Browns elevate FB Marquez Williams to active roster". December 29, 2017. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-elevate-FB-Marquez-Williams-to-active-roster/6e67f001-df34-42f4-aa15-10f863935563.
- ↑ "Browns sign eight players". January 1, 2018. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-sign-eight-players/20a31eb8-ce5e-4c5a-b057-0175ee839419.
- ↑ "Browns release 10 players". March 15, 2018. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-release-10-players/7c2c22f0-17fa-4a0d-873e-a35187f70462.
- ↑ Eisen, Michael (March 19, 2018). "Giants sign WR Cody Latimer, CB B.W. Webb, and DE Kerry Wynn". http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-sign-WR-Cody-Latimer-CB-BW-Webb-and-DE-Kerry-Wynn/e4a3e161-e100-40ee-86cc-d282fdba7a6b.
- ↑ "Bengals Sign B.W. Webb". March 14, 2019. https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-b-w-webb.