|Date of birth:June 25, 1984|
|Place of birth: Kannapolis, North Carolina|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 198 lb (90 kg)|
|College: East Carolina|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 5 / Pick: 146|
|Debuted in 2007 for the Minnesota Vikings|
|Career highlights and awards|
UFL champion (2011)
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2008|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Aundrae Akeem Allison (born June 25, 1984) is an American football wide receiver for the Virginia Destroyers of the United Football League. He was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at East Carolina.
Allison played college football at East Carolina University for two years. In 2005, Allison was the first player in school history to pick up over 1,000 reception yards with 83 catches for 1,024 yards. He had seven touchdowns in 11 games that season. Allison's 83 receptions are second in all-time single-season school history. In addition, Allison averaged 12.3 yards per reception and 93.1 yards per game (second best in Conference USA) and had five 100-yard receiving games, which was the most in a single season at ECU. Allison led the conference and was 4th nationally in receptions per game with 7.55. At the conclusion of the season, Allison was named a first-team All-Conference USA selection. During the 2006 season his production went down a bit, finishing with 62 receptions for 708 and four touchdowns. After the 2006 season, Allison entered the NFL draft.
|East Carolina Statistics|
During his rookie season with the Vikings, Allison served as a wide receiver and kickoff returner. In Week 13 against the Detroit Lions, Allison returned a kickoff 104 yards for a touchdown—a franchise record. Although not starting, he appeared in 11 of 16 regular season games. He caught a total of 8 passes for 122 yds, and returned 20 kicks for 574 yards.
Allison recorded 10 receptions for 109 yards in 2008. After the team's failed attempts to trade him, Allison was waived by the Vikings on August 4, 2009.
New York JetsEdit
Allison was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on August 5, 2009. The team waived wide receiver Mario Urrutia to make room for Allison on the roster. Allison was sidelined for the 2009 season after suffering a torn ACL against the Philadelphia Eagles in the Jets final preseason game. Allison recovered and was preparing to maintain a spot on the active roster. Allison's comeback with New York would be cut short as Allison was waived on August 29, 2010.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
On August 14, 2011, Allison signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but was waived on August 29.
After being waived by the Buccaneers, Allison was resigned by the Destroyers.
- ↑ "Aundrae Allison Scouting Report – 2007 NFL Draft Prospect". Scott Wright's Draft Countdown. Archived from the original on May 17 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070517104909/http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/aundraeallison.html. Retrieved May 20, 2007.
- ↑ "nfl.com player gamelog". The Official Site of the National Football League. http://www.nfl.com/players/aundraeallison/careerstats?id=ALL709826. Retrieved December 26, 2007.
- ↑ http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports/statuses/3152774893
- ↑ Lange, Randy (May 31, 2010). "Allison Draws Motivation All Around Him". NewYorkJets.com. Archived from the original on June 06 2010. http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1643-allison-draws-motivation-from-all-around-him?rss_category=blog&rss_article_id=1643-allison-draws-motivation-from-all-around-him. Retrieved June 5, 2010.[dead link]
- ↑ Cimini, Rich (August 29, 2010). "Jets cut veteran WR Laveranues Coles". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on September 01 2010. http://web.archive.org/web/20100901223616/http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5509593. Retrieved August 29, 2010.
- ↑ "UFL Transactions". OurSports Central. July 6, 2011. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4243179. Retrieved July 6, 2011.