|File:Aubrayo Franklin 9-7-08.jpg|
Aubrayo Franklin at the September 7, 2008 game versus the Arizona Cardinals.
|Date of birth:August 27, 1980|
|Place of birth: Johnson City, Tennessee|
|NFL Draft: 2003 / Round: 5 / Pick: 146|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
* Baltimore Ravens ( 2003– 2006)
| As coach:|
* San Francisco 49ers ( 2015)
|Career highlights and awards|
Aubrayo Razyo Franklin (//; born August 27, 1980) is a former American football nose tackle and in 2015, he was an assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers. He was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in the fifth round of the 2003 NFL Draft. He played college football for the University of Tennessee Volunteers.
Franklin attended Science Hill High School in Johnson City, Tennessee and was a letterman in football. In football, as a senior, he was an All-Conference and an All-State honoree and finished his senior season with 12 sacks and 180 tackles.
2003 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 1⅜ in||307 lb||5.1 s||4.79 s||27 in||8 ft 4 in|
In his rookie year, he only appeared in one game recording one tackle. In his second season with the Ravens, he contributed to the team by making six appearances and two tackles. In 2005, Franklin played in 15 games and notched up 20 tackles and his first career sack at the Denver Broncos on December 11. He also made his first career start a week later against the Green Bay Packers. In his final season with the Ravens, he played in 14 games recording 17 tackles.
San Francisco 49ers
On March 3, 2007, Aubrayo Franklin signed with the San Francisco 49ers, reuniting himself with Coach Mike Nolan, who was his defensive coordinator in Baltimore. In his first season with the team, he played in 14 games recording a career high 26 tackles.
New Orleans Saints
Franklin signed a one-year contract with the New Orleans Saints on August 2, 2011. After a disappointing 2011 campaign, the Saints elected to allow Franklin to test free agency.
San Diego Chargers
On July 20, 2012, Franklin signed a one-year contract with the San Diego Chargers.
San Francisco 49ers
On January 28, 2015, Franklin rejoined the 49ers to an entry-level coaching position under head coach Jim Tomsula, who was his defensive line coach from 2007-2010. After just 1 season, Jim Tomsula was fired thus resulting in a large coaching overhaul that relieved Franklin of his duties.
- "SI.com". CNN. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/players/14113.html.
- "Aubrayo Franklin Draft Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=59458&draftyear=2003&genpos=DT. Retrieved October 19, 2010.
- Stats courtesy of NFL.com
- Colts Sign Aubrayo Franklin
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 29, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150129155803/http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/aubrayo-franklin-set-join-49ers-staff. Retrieved January 28, 2015.
- "49ers quietly clean house in coaching staff". Pro Football Talk. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/19/49er-quietly-clean-house-in-coaching-staff/. Retrieved January 19, 2016.