|This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. (December 2012)|
|No. 26, 24, 38, 31|
|Date of birth:July 7, 1984|
|Place of birth: Monrovia, Liberia|
|College: Ohio State|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 3 / Pick: 70|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Buffalo Bills ( 2006– 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-Big Ten (2005)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Ashton Youboty (born July 7, 1984), is a former American football cornerback of the National Football League (NFL). After playing college football at The Ohio State University, he forewent his senior season and was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the third round (70 overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft. After five seasons with the Buffalo Bills (2006-2010), he played for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2011.
Youboty was born in Monrovia, Liberia, the oldest of four children for Jeannet Waylee Youboty. After a civil war broke out in his native country, his family settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he attended Girard College, a college-prep boarding school for single-parent kids and low-income families. Girard did not have a football team due to lack of insurance, so Youboty eventually joined the Wynnefield Hawks Football Club under the guidance of coach Wayne King.
Youboty and his family eventually relocated to Houston, Texas. He attended Klein High School, where he returned to graduate with the class of 2003 after participating as an early winter enrollee at the Ohio State University. As a freshman, he played football, basketball, and ran track. By the end of his freshman football season, he was moved up to the varsity football team, where he played cornerback, safety, wide receiver, and returned kicks. As a three-year starter, he competed against many of Houston's most talented football players including Woodlands High School's Danny Amendola (NFL wide receiver for the Rams and Patriots). His first college-football scholarship offer came from Nick Saban during the latter's tenure at Louisiana State University but Youboty eventually signed to play for Jim Tressel at the Ohio State University.
Youboty was drafted in the third round (70th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Buffalo Bills, joining Donte Whitner as the second Ohio State Buckeyes football player selected by the Bills in the draft. He played with the Bills for the first five seasons of his career from 2006 to 2010. Youboty's best season in the NFL was 2007 when he appeared in eleven games for the Bills and was credited with 23 tackles (22 solo), a sack and an interception.
The Jacksonville Jaguars signed Youboty on November 15, 2011. In his first game, he recovered a fumble and returned it for a touchdown against the Houston Texans on November 27, 2011. Youboty was placed on Injured Reserve on December 26, 2011 after injuring his ACL. Youboty was released on August 25, 2012.
- ↑ "Ashton Youboty Stats" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YoubAs20.htm.
- ↑ "Ohio State CB Ashton Youboty to turn pro" (in en). 2006-01-09. http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2285498.
- ↑ "Ashton Youboty | Football Coach" (in en). http://uwbadgers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=814&path=football.
- ↑ "Ohio State CB Ashton Youboty to pass up senior year". Associated Press. 2006-01-09. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2285498. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- ↑ "Ashton Youboty". Pro-football-reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/Y/YoubAs20.htm. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- ↑ "Ashton YOUBOTY". Buffalo Bills. Archived from the original on 6 April 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100406060552/http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/ashton-youboty/5f1c6905-36b7-47d7-b4b0-809e335ac27a/. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- ↑ Bob DiCesare (2006-09-07). "Youboty carries mom's spirit inside". The Buffalo News. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=BN&p_theme=bn&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=1140CB956F114D18&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM.
- ↑ "John Youboty brother of former NFL standout Ashton Youboty trying to make a name for himself in Denver". Yardbarker.com. http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/john_youboty_brother_of_former_nfl_standout_ashton_youboty_trying_to_make_a_name_for_himself_in_denver/13866299.