At a pre-season game in Denver in August 2011.
|Date of birth:September 1, 1986|
|Place of birth: Mobile, Alabama|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Buffalo Bills ( 2010)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*College awards and honors
Antonio Coleman (born September 1, 1986) is a gridiron football defensive end who is a free agent. He used to be with the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the United Football League. He used to be a member of the Optimist branch of the Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama. He attended Auburn University. Coleman was named to the Associated Press All-Southeastern Conference football first team in 2008 and was considered one of the top outside linebacker prospects for the 2010 NFL Draft. He has been a member of the New York Giants.
Coleman led Auburn with six sacks and 10.5 tackles for loss in 2008. He finished the season with 46 tackles (29 solo, 17 assists) and had a team-high 13 quarterback hurries, as well as a forced fumble and a pass break-up. He was named the SEC's Defensive Lineman of the Week following Auburn's 14-12 victory over Tennessee September 27 after completing four tackles including a sack and 1.6 tackles for loss.
Coleman was named to the ESPN.com 2009 preseason All-SEC first team. Despite having a cast on his right hand the first 7 weeks of the season, Coleman still finished as the best pass rusher in the SEC, finishing the 2009 season ranked 1st in sacks and 2nd in tackles for loss.
Coleman was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Buffalo Bills on April 25, 2010. He was waived by the team on September 3, 2011.
New York Giants
On September 28, Coleman was signed to the New York Giants' practice squad.
Return to Buffalo
- "Coleman, Marks Named To Associated Press All-SEC Team". December 8, 2008. http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120808aaa.html.
- Cooney, Frank (May 11, 2009). "Who's next? Looking ahead to the best of the 2010 draft class". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-05-05-2010-draft-preview_N.htm.
- Low, Chris (August 14, 2009). "ESPN.com's preseason All-SEC team". ESPN. http://myespn.go.com/blogs/secconf/0-8-86/ESPN-com-s-preseason-All-SEC-team.html.[dead link]
- http://www2.oanow.com/oan/sports/college/article/au_football_coleman_has_season_to_remember/118066/[dead link]
- Gaughan, Mark. "Bills Sign DE, cut Coleman". Buffalo News. Buffalo News. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/12/bills-sign-de-cut-coleman.html. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- "RIDERS TRANSACTIONS". http://www.riderville.com/article/riders-transactions-20130429122448.
- "Antonio Coleman". ticats.ca. http://www.ticats.ca/roster/show/id/5929. Retrieved September 7, 2014.