|No. 37 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:September 19, 1988|
|Place of birth: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|High School: Springfield (PA) Cardinal O'Hara|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 207 lb (94 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Chicago Bears|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Anthony Walters (born March 21, 1988) is an American football free safety for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent on July 26, 2011. He played college football for Delaware, where he played in all 50 games he appeared in, recording 258 tackles, 12 tackles for losses, one sack, 16 interceptions, and 31 passes broken up. Walters ranks second all-time in school history in pass breakups and fourth in interceptions. After being signed, Walters spent the first five weeks on the practice squad, and was elevated on October 11 after Winston Venable was released. However, on November 16, Walters was placed on injured reserve after sustaining a hamstring injury. In the third game of the 2012 preseason against the New York Giants, Walters tipped a David Carr pass to teammate Isaiah Frey with 1:06 left in the game, giving the Bears a 20-17 victory. In Week 15 against the Green Bay Packers, Walters recovered a fumbled lateral, but the Bears failed to capitalize on the recovery, and the Bears lost 21-13. Walters made his first career start in Week 17 against the Detroit Lions after an injury to Chris Conte.
- ↑ "Bears land wave of undrafted free agents - Chicago Tribune". 2011-07-26. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-07-26/sports/chi-sport-0726-bears-signees_1_free-agents-undrafted-bears. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- ↑ "Tillman: Defensive players need to 'man up'". Chicagobears.com. 2011-10-11. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Tillman-Defensive-players-need-to-man-up/C272DE76-1AFD-4B3E-8C98-9ACDE7134A69. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Steltz, Walters to help fill void at safety". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Steltz-Walters-to-help-fill-void-at-safety/c5dd7c64-b829-4b0a-86ad-e4d62542b9fe. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- ↑ Adam Oestmann. "Bears Sign Winston Venable; Place Anthony Walters on Injured Reserve | Chicago Bears Huddle". Chicagonow.com. http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/2011/11/bears-sign-winston-venable-place-anthony-walters-on-injured-reserve. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry. "Walters pushing for roster spot". Chicagobears.com. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Walters-pushing-for-roster-spot/9c252bb0-1b1e-4fb1-9810-6c96f68eee4a. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- ↑ Schwab, Frank (2012-12-16). "Packers run one of the most inane trick plays ever seen, fumble it away to Bears (VIDEO)". Yahoo! Sports. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/packers-run-one-most-inane-trick-plays-ever-205907908--nfl.html. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (2012-12-30). "Larry Mayer's Bears-Lions blog". Chicago Bears. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Larry-Mayers-Bears-Lions-blog/b154d48a-cc80-4425-8003-e19f046b1d28. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|