|No. 76 San Francisco 49ers|
|Date of birth:October 11, 1989|
|Place of birth: Piscataway, New Jersey|
|High School: Piscataway (NJ)|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 323 lb (147 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 11|
|Debuted in 2010 for the San Francisco 49ers|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Anthony Davis (born October 11, 1989) is an American football offensive tackle for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). Davis was drafted in the 1st round (11th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft by the 49ers. He played college football at Rutgers University.
High school careerEdit
Davis attended Piscataway High School in New Jersey, where he was a three-year starter and recorded more than 70 pancake blocks for his career. In his sophomore season, Davis was a teammate to fellow NFL players Kyle Wilson, and Malcolm Jenkins and helped the team to an undefeated season, and its third consecutive state title. Davis played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and was earned First-team All-American honors by USA Today.
Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Davis was listed as the No. 5 offensive guard prospect in the nation. He was also listed as the #68 prospect coming out of High School in the nation. He was also regarded as the top prospect from New Jersey and received over 50 scholarship offers. He chose Rutgers over Ohio State, becoming the first No. 1 prospect from New Jersey to sign with Greg Schiano at Rutgers.
In his initial year at Rutgers, Davis played in all 13 games on the year. He was named starting right guard for the sixth game of the season and started the final eight games of the 2007 season. He earned First-team Freshman All-American honors by the Football Writers Association of America, The Sporting News and Rivals.com, and Second-team All-American laurels from Scout.com.
Davis was moved to left tackle before the 2008 season, and started 12 games at that position. He was named to the Second-team All-Big East by the league’s head coaches and a First-team All-Big East honoree by the media.
In 2009 Davis was First-team All-Big East and Second-team All-America.
2010 NFL DraftEdit
After the 2009 St. Petersburg Bowl, Davis said on the field that he scheduled a news conference for December 22, to announce his NFL plans. At that news conference, he declared his intentions to enter the 2010 NFL Draft, and said he will hire an agent.
Davis was drafted in the 1st round with the 11th-overall pick by the San Francisco 49ers after the 49ers traded up from the 13th-overall pick with the Denver Broncos in order to select Davis. On July 30, 2010, Davis signed a five-year contract worth $26.5 million, with $15.954 million guaranteed.
Davis is currently the starting right tackle for the 49ers. He has started all 16 games in each of his first three NFL seasons.
- ↑ Rivals.com offensive guards 2007, January 24, 2007, http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1481&Year=2007
- ↑ "Rivals.Com Ranking". High School Rankings. Rivals.Com. http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1475. Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- ↑ AON Insurance/FWAA Freshman All-America Team 2007, FWAA, January 7, 2008, http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2007/allamerica080107.html
- ↑ Schad, Joe (December 20, 2009), "Sources: Rutgers offensive lineman Anthony Davis to enter NFL Draft", ESPN.com, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4758405
- ↑ Luicci, Tom (December 22, 2009), "Rutgers left tackle Anthony Davis announces he will enter NFL Draft", The Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/12/rutgers_lt_anthony_davis.html
- ↑ "49ers come to terms with first-round pick Anthony Davis". USA Today. July 30, 2010. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/49ers-come-to-terms-with-first-round-pick-anthony-davis/1.