January 22, 1970
|Known for||First man to ever deadlift 1,000 lbs.|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (Script error m)|
|Weight||350 pounds (159 kg)|
Andy Bolton (born January 22, 1970) is an English powerlifter and strongman who was born in Dewsbury, Yorkshire. Andy is best known for being the first man to lift a 1,000 lb. deadlift in a powerlifting competition.
Bolton won his first powerlifting competition in 1991 when he was twenty-one years of age, at a local powerlifting event called the BAWLA Yorkshire Junior Championships. Bolton has since competed in the WPO/WPC. He is the current World Powerlifting Organization "world record holder" in the total (1273 kg/2806 lb). Bolton also holds the current WPO world records in the squat (550.5 kg/1213 lb) and was the previous holder of the deadlift (457.5 kg/1008.6 lb), and was the first to demonstrate a deadlift of over a thousand pounds.
Powerlifting official competition records:
- Total - 2806.5 lbs/1273.0 kg
Andy Bolton appeared in October 2010 at Elizabethtown High School at "The Night of the Living Dead" deadlift competition where he deadlifted 964.5 lbs raw in only a singlet and a belt.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Frank Leavers, Interview with Andy Bolton. andrew-bolton.com, November 26, 2007
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 World Powerlifting Organization World Records (.DOC). Retrieved August 12, 2007.
- ↑ Lusher, Adam, "Today, Andy Bolton is mainly exercising his 'little' muscles...", Sunday Telegraph, January 8th, 2007. Retrieved August 12th, 2007.
- ↑ Official 2002 Results Arnold Classic Strongman Competition. Arnoldsstrongestman.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- ↑ ALL TIME HISTORICAL MEN AND WOMEN’S POWERLIFTING WORLD RECORDS
- ↑ Night of the Living Dead blog spot. Nightofthelivingdeadlift.blogspot.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-21.
- Andy Bolton official website
- Andy Bolton Bio
- Andrew Bolton The Phase That Launched 1000 Lbs online