|No. 22, 35, 33|
|Date of birth:December 15, 1986|
|Place of birth: Baltimore, Maryland|
|College: NC State|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 129|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New York Giants ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Super Bowl Champion (XLVI)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Andre Brown (born December 15, 1986) is a former American football running back. He played college football at NC State and was drafted by the New York Giants in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft.
First stint with the Giants
Brown was drafted by the New York Giants in the fourth round (129th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon during training camp on August 14, which forced him to miss his rookie season. He was placed on injured reserve on September 1, 2009. Brown was waived by the Giants on September 4, 2010.
On September 5, 2010, Brown was claimed off waivers by the Denver Broncos, waived on September 15, and then signed to the Broncos' practice squad on September 17, 2010. On September 21, 2010 Brown was signed to the active roster, and Lance Ball was waived. Brown himself was waived on October 16, 2010. In four regular season games with the Broncos, Brown played in three but only amassed statistics in one (two rushes for a total of minus one yard in a 31-17 road loss to the Baltimore Ravens on October 10, 2010).
Brown was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on October 18, 2010. Brown was moved to the Colts active roster on November 6, 2010, then waived on November 9, 2010. Brown did not amass any statistics in his only game with the Colts, a 26-24 road loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on November 7, 2010.
Brown was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers on November 9, 2010, and then waived on November 16, 2010. Brown did not play in his only game with the Panthers, a 31-16 road loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on November 14, 2010.
Second stint with the Giants
On August 3, 2011, Brown re-signed with the New York Giants. He was waived on September 3, but re-signed the next day to the practice squad. On February 5, 2012, Brown and the Giants won Super Bowl XLVI against the New England Patriots. After the game Brown became known for his celebratory song, "I got a ring", he and his teammates sang on the plane ride home and at the parade the following week.
In March 2012, Brown was hit with a four-game suspension by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy. He later claimed it was a result of Adderall use  and eventually won an appeal, having his suspension lifted.
On September 16, after starter Ahmad Bradshaw was knocked out of the game with a neck injury, Brown rushed for 71 yards on 13 carries, converting a two-point conversion and scoring the game-winning touchdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
On September 20, Brown stepped in as the starter for the Giants against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday Night Football. Brown rushed for 113 yards on 20 carries, scoring two rushing touchdowns. He also had 3 receptions for 17 yards.
On November 25, he suffered a broken fibula in the fourth quarter on a Sunday Night Football game against the Green Bay Packers at MetLife Stadium, effectively ending his season. He ended the season, where he participated in 10 games, with 73 carries for 385 yards, with a 5.3 yard per carry average, after only 2 carries in the previous 3 seasons. He was eventually placed on injured reserve.
In 2013, Brown injured his leg in the final preseason game for the New York Giants. He was expected back by week 10. He did return week 10 to face the Oakland Raiders, where he accumulated 115 yards rushing and one rushing touchdown in his 2013 debut.
-  Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found.
- "Broncos sign RB Andre Brown, waive Lance Ball". Denver Post. September 21, 2010. Archived from the original on September 23, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100923133155/http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16135567.
- Andre Brown (December 15, 1986). "Andre Brown: Game Logs at". Nfl.com. http://www.nfl.com/players/andrebrown/gamelogs?id=BRO251022. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Redskins to add running back Andre Brown". The Washington Post. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/running-backs/redskins-to-add-running-back-a.html.
- Rosenthal, Gregg. "Release Tracker". Pro Football Talk. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/release-tracker/. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- Star-Ledger File Photo. "Giants sign running back Andre Brown". NJ.com. http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/08/giants_sign_running_back_andre.html. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "New York Giants’ Andre Brown Suspended Four Games by NFL | Giants 101 | Sports Media 101". Giants 101. http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/30/new-york-giants-andre-brown-suspended-four-games-by-nfl/. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "New York Giants RB Andre Brown Will Appeal Four-Game Suspension | Giants 101 | Sports Media 101". Giants 101. http://www.giants101.com/2012/05/23/new-york-giants-rb-andre-brown-will-appeal-four-game-suspension/. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "New York Giants’ Andre Brown Has Four-Game Suspension Lifted Following Appeal | Giants 101 | Sports Media 101". Giants 101. June 1, 2012. http://www.giants101.com/2012/06/01/new-york-giants-andre-brown-has-four-game-suspension-lifted-following-appeal/. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- Darcy, Kieran. "Andre Brown rises to occasion vs. Bucs - New York Giants - ESPN New York". Espn.go.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/17216/andre-brown-rises-to-occasion-vs-bucs. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "New York Giants place Andre Brown on injured reserve". NFL.com. November 20, 2012. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101457/article/new-york-giants-place-andre-brown-on-injured-reserve. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Andre Brown Returns to Practice for First Time Since Preseason Leg Injury for New York Giants". http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkgiants/2013/10/17/andre-brown-returns-to-practice-for-first-time-since-preseason-leg-injury-for-new-york-giants/.
- "Houston Texans, Former Giants RB Andre Brown Agree to 1-Year Deal". http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkgiants/2014/04/07/houston-texans-former-giants-rb-andre-brown-agree-to-1-year-deal/.
- Sessler, Marc (August 11, 2014). "Andre Brown released by Houston Texans". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376856/article/andre-brown-released-by-houston-texans. Retrieved August 11, 2014.