|Date of birth:December 24, 1983|
|Place of birth: East Orange, New Jersey|
|College: Iowa State|
|NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 5 / Pick: 147|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Buffalo Bills ( 2008– 2009)|
|CFL status: International|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-KJCCC (2004)
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
Alvin Bowen (born December 24, 1983) is a gridiron football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Iowa State. Bowen has also played for the Washington Redskins, Seattle Seahawks, Jacksonville Jaguars, Denver Broncos, and the Canadian Football League's Saskatchewan Roughriders and Calgary Stampeders.
Bowen attended and played college football at Iowa State. During his junior year, he recorded 155 tackles (finishing second in the nation), one interception, and one fumble recovery. During his senior season, Bowen recorded 99 tackles, one interception, and one fumble recovery.
Bowen was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in the fifth round (147th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. During training camp on August 1, Bowen suffered a serious knee injury. He was waived/injured on August 7 and subsequently placed on season-ending injured reserve.
He was released by the Bills on September 5, 2009. He was re-signed to the practice squad on September 6, and was released on September 22.
He was on the team again for weeks 13–17 due to the Bills suffering a string of injuries to their linebackers. Linebackers Paul Posluzny, Marcus Buggs, Kawika Mitchell and Keith Ellison all missed time due to injury.
Bowen was signed to the Washington Redskins practice squad on September 24. He was later promoted to the active roster on November 30, 2009. After one season, he was released from the Redskins on June 9, 2010.
Bowen signed with the Seattle Seahawks on August 7, 2010. He was waived on August 17.
Bowen signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on August 20, 2010. He was released on September 4. He was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was signed from the practice squad on September 19 and waived on September 28. He was re-signed to the practice squad on September 30.
On August 13, 2011, Bowen was waived by the Jaguars.
On August 15, 2011, he was claimed off waivers by the Denver Broncos.
- Alvin Bowen, Iowa State Cyclones football. Accessed March 14, 2018. "Hometown: East Orange, N.J.; Highschool: Montclair"
- "2006 Leaders" (in en). https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2006-leaders.html.
- Alvin Bowen. "Alvin Bowen". Buffalo Bills. http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/alvin-bowen/bf213be5-2168-4021-9f9c-a8ce301951ea/. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- "Buffalo Bills Dreadful Midseason Injury Analysis". Bleacher Report. November 9, 2009. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/287065-buffalo-bills-dreadful-mid-season-injury-analysis. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- "Alvin Bowen". Calgary Stampeders. October 10, 2012. http://www.stampeders.com/roster/show/id/4803. Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- "October 2014". cfl.ca/. Archived from the original on December 26, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141226135515/http://www.cfl.ca/page/transactions. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "RIDERS TRANSACTION- OCTOBER 23". riderville.com. October 23, 2014. http://www.riderville.com/article/riders-transaction-october-23. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "Transactions". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on December 26, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20141226135515/http://www.cfl.ca/page/transactions. Retrieved November 20, 2014.