| refer to caption |
Rosas in the 2017 NFL season.
|No. 2 – New York Giants|
|Born:||December 30, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||233 lb (106 kg)|
|High school:||Orland (Orland, California)|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2018|
Aldrick Rosas (born December 30, 1994) is an American football placekicker who currently plays for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He was selected to the Pro Bowl for the 2018 NFL season.
College career Edit
Rosas played college football at Southern Oregon University. In 2014, he tore the ACL in his kicking leg making a tackle in the NAIA Championship Game. After missing the 2015 season, he decided to forego the remainder of college eligibility to pursue a career in the NFL.
New York GiantsEdit
On January 19, 2017, Rosas signed a reserve/future contract with the New York Giants. Rosas was the only kicker on the Giants roster after former Giants' placekicker Robbie Gould agreed to a two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers, until veteran Mike Nugent signed a contract with the team on August 1, 2017. Rosas ultimately won the starting kicker job after Nugent was released during final roster cuts.
On September 10, 2017, in the Giants' season-opening 19–3 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, Rosas converted his first NFL career field goal, which was a 25-yard attempt, in the third quarter. Prior to the game, he watched his girlfriend give birth via FaceTime.
Rosas retained his starting job with the Giants for the 2018 season. He improved on his previous season, becoming a Pro Bowl selection, converting 32 of 33 field goal attempts and 31 of 32 PATs, with his only missed PAT was due to a poor snap. He was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his Week 13 performance against the Chicago Bears where he converted three field goals, including a New York Giants franchise record 57-yarder and the game-winning 44-yard field goal in overtime.
Career Statistics Edit
Regular Season Edit
|Year||Team||Games||Field Goals||Extra Point||Total Points|
|Stats accurate as of 2018 Week 17. Source:|
- ↑ "Aldrick Rosas" (in en). http://www.nfl.com/player/aldrickrosas/2556771/profile.
- ↑ "Aldrick Rosas - 2014". http://www.souraiders.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2696.
- ↑ Duggan, Dan. "The incredible story of Aldrick Rosas' journey from small Oregon school to Giants' kicker". https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017/09/the_story_of_aldrick_rosas_journey_from_small_oreg.html.
- ↑ "Titans Agree to Terms with 11 Undrafted Free Agents". May 9, 2016. https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-agree-to-terms-with-11-undrafted-free-agents-17130755. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- ↑ Wyatt, Jim (September 2, 2016). "Titans Down to 53 Players: A Position-by-Position Look". Archived from the original on August 7, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170807023144/http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Down-to-53-Players-A-Position-by-Position-Look/628127bc-7013-4906-a04d-bd1f9e8ce8fa. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- ↑ Benton, Dan (January 19, 2017). "New York Giants sign kicker Aldrick Rosas to reserve/futures deal". http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/19/new-york-giants-sign-kicker-aldrick-rosas-to-reservefutures-deal/. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- ↑ Conway, Tyler. "San Francisco 49ers, Robbie Gould Reportedly Agree to Contract" (in en-US). Bleacher Report. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697134-san-francisco-49ers-robbie-gould-reportedly-agree-to-contract.
- ↑ "Giants sign veteran kicker Mike Nugent". https://www.giants.com/news/giants-sign-veteran-kicker-mike-nugent-19092653.
- ↑ "New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709100dal.htm. Retrieved September 14, 2017.
- ↑ Smith, Michael David (September 14, 2017). "Giants’ Aldrick Rosas watched daughter’s birth on FaceTime, then made NFL debut". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/14/giants-aldrick-rosas-watched-daughters-birth-on-facetime-then-made-nfl-debut/. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- ↑ "After Rough First Season, Giants' Aldrick Rosas Is In A Better Place Mentally" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/sites/patriciatraina/2018/09/13/__trashed/#11c2eabd34a6.
- ↑ "AFC and NFC Players of the Week - Week 13" (in en). https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/AFC-and-NFC-Players-of-the-Week---Week-12------------.aspx.
- ↑ "Saquon Barkley, Landon Collins, and Aldrick Rosas make 2018 Pro Bowl" (in en). https://www.giants.com/news/saquon-barkley-landon-collins-and-aldrick-rosas-make-2018-pro-bowl.
- ↑ "Giants re-sign Pro Bowl kicker Aldrick Rosas" (in en-US). https://www.giants.com/news/giants-re-sign-pro-bowl-kicker-aldrick-rosas?campaign=sf:fanshare:facebook.
- ↑ "Alrick Rosas: Career Stats" (in en). http://www.nfl.com/player/aldrickrosas/2556771/careerstats.
|This biographical article relating to an American football kicker is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|