Robinson with the 49ers in 2017
|Date of birth:September 24, 1988|
|Place of birth: Dallas, Texas|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 178|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|*Washington Redskins ( 2011– 2014)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2018|
Aldrick Robinson (born September 24, 1988) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Southern Methodist University (SMU) and was drafted in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He has played for the Baltimore Ravens, Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, Minnesota Vikings, and Carolina Panthers.
- 1 Early life
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Robinson attended Waxahachie High School in Waxahachie, Texas, where he played football for the Indians. As a junior, he recorded 21 receptions for 651 yards and eight touchdowns. As a senior, he recorded 29 receptions for 647 yards and eight touchdowns and over 1,500 all-purpose yards. He was also named the team's most valuable player, a PrepStar all-region and a two-time all-district player. He was ranked 96th on The Dallas Morning News Area Top 100 list and named a Dave Campbell's Texas Football Player to Watch.
Robinson enrolled at Southern Methodist University as a management science pre-major. As a true freshman in 2007, he saw action in nine games and recorded ten receptions for 166 yards. Against Rice, he returned three kicks for 80 yards. He recorded his season-high of three passes against Tulsa and season-long 48-yard receptions against the Houston Cougars.
In 2008, Robinson started in ten games and recorded 59 receptions for 1,047 yards and 11 touchdowns. He tied the SMU single-season touchdown record and became the third Mustang to compile a 1,000-yard season. His 210 yards against UCF was the all-time second-highest for a game at SMU and caught the school's second-longest touchdown reception at 94 yards. Robinson was named an honorable mention All-Conference USA player and to the Pegasus News All-DFW College Football Team.
SMU head coach June Jones called him the fastest player he has coached and projected him as a first-day NFL Draft selection. In spring 2009, College Football News included him among their "120 Players to Know". NationalChamps.net named him to their 2009 Underdog Award watchlist.
Robinson also competed in prep track and field. He finished second in the 200-meter dash at the University Interscholastic League (UIL) 4A State Championship with a time of 21.48 seconds, and placed 6th in the 100-meter dash at the Texas Relays with a time of 10.61 seconds.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 10 in||184 lb||4.43 s||1.55 s||2.46 s||4.09 s||6.65 s||40 in||10 ft 6 in||17 rep|
Robinson was selected by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. On September 3, he was waived, but placed on the practice squad on September 6. Robinson was activated to the active roster on December 27, filling the spot left open after Ryan Torain was waived.
At the start of 2012 training camp, it was announced that Robinson was taking reps as a punt returner, providing competition for Brandon Banks. After having an impressive performance in the preseason, he made the final 53-man roster at the start of the 2012 season. Robinson made his NFL debut in the 2012 season opener win against the New Orleans Saints, subbing in for Pierre Garçon, who missed the entire second half of the game after suffering a foot injury. In the game, he recorded 52 yards on four receptions and scored his first career touchdown. In Week 2 against the St. Louis Rams, Robinson had his first career start in place of an injured Garçon. Though he recorded 40 yards on two receptions, he dropped a crucial 57-yard pass that hit him in the chest in the fourth quarter in their 31-28 loss to the Rams. During pre-game warm-ups for the Week 4 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Brandon Meriweather collided with him and both were inactive for the game, due to Meriweather re-injuring his knee and Robinson out with a concussion. In the Week 11 win against the Philadelphia Eagles, Robinson scored his second career touchdown after catching a 49-yard touchdown pass from Robert Griffin III. The following week, he caught a 68-yard touchdown pass in the Redskins' victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving.
After having a quiet start to the 2013 season, Robinson caught two passes for 75 yards, which included a 45-yard touchdown reception from Robert Griffin III in the 45-41 Week 7 win against the Chicago Bears. In Week 11, he scored a 41-yard touchdown pass against the Philadelphia Eagles.
On February 6, 2014, Robinson re-signed with the Redskins on a one-year deal. On April 2, 2014, Robinson announced that he would be switching over to #15, allowing new teammate DeSean Jackson to wear number 11. He was waived by the team on December 6.
Robinson signed with the Atlanta Falcons on March 15, 2016. In Week 4 against the Panthers, Robinson recorded two catches for 48 yards and his first touchdown since the 2013 season. Robinson and the Falcons reached Super Bowl LI, where they faced the New England Patriots. In the Super Bowl, the Falcons fell 34–28 in overtime. Robinson finished the 2016 season with 20 receptions for 323 yards and two touchdowns on 32 targets. His 61.3% catch rate was the best percentage of his career.
San Francisco 49ers
On August 31, 2018, Robinson was released by the 49ers.
On September 17, 2018, Robinson signed with the Minnesota Vikings. In Week 4 of the 2018 season, against the Los Angeles Rams, he recorded two receiving touchdowns from Kirk Cousins in the 38–31 loss.
Robinson finished the 2018 season with 17 receptions for 231 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- "Former Waxahachie player one win away from being a Super Bowl Champ". CW33 Dallas / Ft. Worth. February 4, 2017. https://cw33.com/2017/02/04/former-waxahachie-player-is-one-win-away-from-being-a-super-bowl-champ/.
- Player Bio: Aldrick Robinson, Southern Methodist University, retrieved June 5, 2009.
- 120 Players You Need To Know: SMU WR Aldrick Robinson, College Football News, March 25, 2009.
- NationalChamps.net 2009 UNDERDOG AWARD Watch List Candidates, National Champs.net, April 15, 2009.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Aldrick Robinson". http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/aldrick-robinson?id=2495331.
- "Aldrick Robinson - Southern Methodist, WR : 2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71560&draftyear=2011&genpos=WR.
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- Jones, Mike (September 4, 2011). "Evan Royster, four others signed to Redskins' practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/evan-royster-four-others-signed-to-redskins-practice-squad/2011/09/04/gIQArvWs1J_blog.html. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- Jones, Mike (December 27, 2011). "Redskins promote Aldrick Robinson to 53-man roster". WashingtonPost.com. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-promote-aldrick-robinson-to-53-man-roster/2011/12/27/gIQAV8XlKP_blog.html. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 26, 2012). "Thursday Training Camp Practice Notes". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Thursday-Training-Camp-Practice-Notes/bfb7d390-805f-4cdc-b82c-ef0050e60da1. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Tinsman, Brian (August 18, 2012). "Robinson: 'I'm A Game Time Player'". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Robinson-Im-A-Game-Time-Player/080f4cd7-bddc-41f7-a5c3-f03b1446a59e. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- Campbell, Rich (August 31, 2012). "Brandon Banks, Aldrick Robinson expected to survive Redskins' final cuts". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on September 3, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120903032409/http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/aug/31/brandon-banks-aldrick-robinson-expected-survive-fi/. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- Whyno, Stephen (September 9, 2012). "Redskins' Pierre Garcon 'should be good to go next week'". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on September 11, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120911061154/http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/sep/9/redskins-pierre-garcon-foot-injury-good-next-week/. Retrieved September 11, 2012.
- Campbell, Rich (September 11, 2012). "Redskins - Saints Film Review: OFFENSE". WashingtonTimes.com. http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/sep/11/redskins-saints-film-review-offense/. Retrieved September 11, 2012.
- Tinsman, Brian (September 10, 2012). "Redskins-Saints Post-Game Notes". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Saints-Post-Game-Notes/b8a548bb-8208-4375-a472-103528fdd3fb. Retrieved September 11, 2012.
- Campbell, Rich (September 17, 2012). "Adam Carriker, Brian Orakpo add to Redskins’ injury woes". WashingtonTimes.com. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/16/adam-carriker-brian-orakpo-add-to-redskins-injury-/. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Jones, Mike (September 17, 2012). "Redskins-Rams: Five observations from Sunday’s loss". WashingtonPost.com. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/17/redskins-rams-five-observations-from-sundays-loss/. Retrieved September 17, 2012.
- Campbell, Rich (September 19, 2012). "Redskins - Rams Film Review: OFFENSE". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on September 22, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120922235513/http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/sep/19/redskins-rams-film-review-offense/. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Campbell, Rich (October 1, 2012). "Brandon Meriweather out a week, Aldrick Robinson out indefinitely after collision". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on October 5, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20121005012530/http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/oct/1/brandon-meriweather-out-week-aldrick-robinson-out-/. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 18, 2012). "Redskins Stifle Eagles At Home, Win 31-6". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Stifle-Eagles-At-Home-Win-31-6/c08163cb-3a66-4d88-a57c-4fd320376d85. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 22, 2012). "Redskins Score Texas-Sized Win, 38-31". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Score-Texas-Sized-Win-38-31/9c63b942-5134-4b19-86b4-2703d32e217e. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- Tinsman, Brian (October 21, 2013). "Redskins-Bears Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Bears-Monday-Stats-Pack/06fd5e18-0aa5-41ff-b63a-23d368f06e43. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Czarda, Stephen (October 21, 2013). "Robinson Takes The Top Off Bears Defense". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Robinson-Takes-The-Top-Off-Bears-Defense/a184643d-4876-40c8-93d4-2b6997b705e4. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 18, 2013). "Redskins-Eagles Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Eagles-Monday-Stats-Pack/002bc2ec-43ee-4e8d-a8a5-6d0025feddff. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Jones, Mike (February 6, 2014). "Redskins re-sign wide receiver Aldrick Robinson". WashingtonPost.com. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/02/06/redskins-re-sign-wr-aldrick-robinson/. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Lingebach, Chris. "Major Jersey Shakeup Involving DeSean Jackson, Cousins, Roberts, Clark". CBS Washington. http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/04/03/major-jersey-shakeup-involving-desean-jackson-cousins-roberts-clark/. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
- Wesseling, Chris (December 6, 2014). "Aldrick Robinson cut by Washington Redskins". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000439311/article/aldrick-robinson-cut-by-washington-redskins. Retrieved December 7, 2014.
- Butt, Jason. "Antoine Cason's signing among Ravens roster moves". Baltimore Beatdown. http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2014/12/9/7362419/antoine-casons-signing-among-ravens-roster-moves. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Wilkening, Mike (January 23, 2015). "Ravens sign WR Aldrick Robinson to reserve/future deal". NBCSports.com. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/23/ravens-sign-wr-aldrick-robinson-to-reservefuture-deal/. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Hensley, Jamison (August 31, 2015). "Ravens trim roster to 82 by cutting eight players". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/21546/ravens-trim-roster-to-82-by-cutting-eight-players. Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Falcons Sign Parms, Robinson and Van Dyke". March 15, 2016. http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/blog/article-1/Falcons-Sign-Parms-Robinson-and-Van-Dyke/1e8d2513-0080-4377-8596-d11df64ecc85.
- "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201702050atl.htm. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- "Aldrick Robinson Advanced Efficiency Stats and Metrics Profile". PlayerProfiler.com. http://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aldrick-robinson.
- "49ers Agree to Terms with Three Free Agents". March 10, 2017. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Agree-to-Terms-with-Three-Free-Agents/d0977949-e8a0-4aa5-bfaa-9dba991da524.
- "Carolina Panthers at San Francisco 49ers - September 10th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709100sfo.htm. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "49ers Trade for OL Shon Coleman, Cut 12 Players". August 31, 2018. https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-announce-several-roster-moves-1.
- "Vikings Sign WR Aldrick Robinson, Waive K Daniel Carlson". September 17, 2018. https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-sign-wr-aldrick-robinson-release-k-daniel-carlson.
- "New Viking Aldrick Robinson proves a great catch with two touchdowns". Twin Cities. September 28, 2018. https://www.twincities.com/2018/09/27/new-viking-aldrick-robinson-proves-a-great-catch-with-two-touchdown/.
- Strickland, Bryan (May 17, 2019). "Aldrick Robinson signs one-year contract with Panthers". https://www.panthers.com/news/aldrick-robinson-signs-one-year-contract-with-panthers.
- Henson, Max (August 30, 2019). "Panthers announce first wave of 2019 roster cuts". https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-announce-first-wave-of-2019-roster-cuts-artis-payne-corn-elder. Retrieved August 30, 2019.