|No. 95 Pittsburgh Steelers|
|Date of birth:August 23, 1990|
|Place of birth: Kent, Washington|
|High School: Seattle (WA) Rainier Beach|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 109|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Pittsburgh Steelers|
|*Pittsburgh Steelers ( 2012–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 (2010)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
High school careerEdit
Started all 13 games at defensive tackle in what would be his breakout season. Was a key factor in getting the Huskies back to a bowl game. Had a season high 7 tackles at Oregon which was then matched versus UCLA. Recorded a 10-yard sack and 14-yard fumble return during the Holiday Bowl. Finished the season with 39 tackles, 5 for loss, and 1.5 sacks. Earned honorable mention All-Pac-10 and won the L. Wait Rising Lineman of the Year award at the post-season banquet.
Started all 13 games at one defensive tackle spot. Named a team captain prior to the start of the season. Earned honorable mention All-Pac-12. Had a good game vs. Washington State, totaling four tackles, two and a half for loss and two sacks. Had five tackles, one and a half for loss and half a sack in the win over Colorado. Two tackles for loss and a sack vs. Hawai'i. Five tackles vs. Eastern Washington. Two tackles in the Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Baylor. Named the L. Wait Rising Defensive Lineman of the Year award at the team's postseason banquet.
2012 NFL DraftEdit
Regarded as one of the few two-gap nose tackles, Ta'amu was projected as a third-to-fourth round draft pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. However, Dane Brugler of CBSSports.com described Ta'amu as "a pass rushing three-technique stuck in a zero-technique's body", who "struggles to hold his ground at the point of attack". He was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the 109th pick in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2⅜ in||348 lb32 in9¾ in||5.37 s||4.72 s||7.52 s||26 in||8 ft 7 in||35 reps|
On October 14, 2012, Ta'amu was arrested after he allegedly evaded police while driving intoxicated and struck several parked cars, injuring one person, During the chase, Ta'amu allegedly shed his shirt in an attempt to evade arrest, claiming he was not the driver of the erratic SUV. in Pittsburgh's South Side neighborhood before he was apprehended.
On November 12, 2012, Ta'amu was waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was re-signed on November 15, 2012. Ta'amu was released December 14, 2012.
- ↑ http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Alameda-Ta'amu-61210
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Alameda Ta'amu UW Bio". GoHuskies.com. http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/taamu_alameda00.html. Retrieved 2011-07-25.
- ↑ http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/taamu_alameda00.html
- ↑ O'Neil, Danny (February 22, 2012). "Alameda Ta'amu gets chance to prove he is still a first-rounder at NFL scouting combine". Seattle Times. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootball/2017572943_combine23.html.
- ↑ http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers
- ↑ Busbee, Jay. "Steelers rookie arrested on 15 counts of DUI, resisting-arrest charges after car chase". Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/steelers-rookie-arrested-dui-charges-car-chase-wreck-204535847--nfl.html. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- ↑ "Pittsburgh Steeler faces felony charges following police chase". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12288/1269192-53.stm. Retrieved 2012-10-14.