|No. 43 Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Date of birth:December 12, 1989|
|Place of birth: Lakeland, Florida|
|High School: Lakeland (FL)|
|Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)||Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 151|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|* Tampa Bay Buccaneers ( 2011–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* SEC Championship (2008)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Ahmad Black (born December 12, 1989) is an American football safety for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Buccaneers in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football for Florida.
Black was born in Lakeland, Florida, and he attended Lawton Chiles Middle Academy and later Lakeland High School. As a sophomore playing for the Florida Class 5A high school football powerhouse Lakeland Dreadnaughts, he recorded 71 tackles and 10 interceptions, and 71 tackles with six interceptions and as a junior. As a Dreadnaught senior, Black recorded 82 tackles and four interceptions.
Black received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played college football for coach Urban Meyer's Florida Gators football team from 2007 to 2010.
As a freshman, Black played in seven games as a cornerback for the Gators and recorded seven tackles. As a sophomore in 2008, Black started all 14 games at strong safety and made 59 tackles and seven interceptions for 191 return yards and two touchdowns. Black caught his seventh interception in the Gators' 24–14 win over the Oklahoma Sooners in the 2009 BCS National Championship Game.
Following his senior season in 2010, he was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection and received first-team All-American honors from Rivals.com and second-team honors from the Associated Press. To end his college career, he had two interceptions, returning one 80 yards for a touchdown against Penn State in the Outback Bowl, earning Player of the Game honors.
Black was drafted in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was cut on September 3, 2011, re-signed to the Buccaneers' practice squad two days later, and later activated to the active roster. As a rookie, he appeared in four games during the 2011 regular season, with five tackles and a recovered fumble.
- 2008 Florida Gators football team
- Florida Gators
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players
- ↑ 2012 Florida Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 68, 78, 88, 89, 94, 95, 97, 100, 103, 106, 116, 138, 144, 158–159, 165, 170, 176 (2012). Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- ↑ Black caps stellar career with game-winner
- ↑ Bucs Draft Ahmad Black In 5th Round
- ↑ "Buccaneers' Ahmad Black cited by police for marijuana". National Football League. 2012-11-06. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091249/article/buccaneers-ahmad-black-cited-by-police-for-marijuana. Retrieved 2012-11-06.