|No. 36, 38|
|Date of birth:April 6, 1964|
|Place of birth: Orange Park, Florida|
|NFL Draft: 1987 / Round: 2 / Pick: 55|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
* New York Giants ( 1987– 1991)
| As coach:|
* Southern Illinois University (1999–2000)
Defensive backs coach
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Adrian Darnell White (born April 6, 1964) is an American former college and professional football player who was a safety in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons during the 1980s and 1990s. White played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the New York Giants, Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots of the NFL. He became an assistant coach after his playing career ended.
White began his college career at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois, and he played football for the Southern Illinois Salukis for a single season in 1983. He transferred to the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida where he was a walk-on for coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football team from 1984 to 1986. White was a three-year starter for the Gators, and a key member of the Gators' defense during the 1984 and 1985 seasons, when the Gators posted identical 9–1–1 overall win-loss records and led the Southeastern Conference (SEC) with best-in-the-SEC records of 5–0–1 and 5–1. He was a first-team All-SEC selection and a second-team All-American as a senior in 1986. White was also a two-year Florida Gators track and field letterman as a sprinter and anchored the Gators' 4x100-meter relay team that included Olympian Dennis Mitchell.
White graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice in 1993, and later earned a master's degree in education from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey.
The New York Giants selected White in the second round (fifty-fifth overall pick) in the 1987 NFL Draft, and he played for the Giants from 1987 to 1991. White finished his NFL playing career with single-season stints with the Green Bay Packers ( 1992) and the New England Patriots ( 1993). During his seven-season NFL career, White played in 70 regular season games, started five of them, and had four interceptions.
White was the assistant coach for defensive quality control for the Buffalo Bills, and his responsibilities included opposition scouting and self-scouting, as well as working with the Bills' linebacker corps. He was one of three assistants retained from the previous coaching staff by the Bills' new head coach, Chan Gailey, having previously been a Bills assistant for two years. He was with the Bills from 2008 to 2012, when he, along with the entire Bills coaching staff, was dismissed on December 31, 2012.
- Florida Gators football, 1980–89
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of Green Bay Packers players
- List of New England Patriots players
- List of New York Giants players
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Adrian White. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Adrian White Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found.. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found., University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 88, 96, 154, 186 (2011). Retrieved September 1, 2011.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1987 National Football League Draft. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Adrian White. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Buffalo Bills, Coaches, Adrian White. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Gaughan, Mark (December 31, 2012). "Bills make it official: Gailey is fired". The Buffalo News. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/yyyyy-draft-of-a-story-yyyyy.html. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.
- Adrian White – Buffalo Bills coach profile