|Date of birth:||August 28, 1889|
|Date of death:||March 2, 1956|
|Place of death:||Wilbraham, Massachusetts|
Union College (head coach)
|Career highlights and awards|
|Honors:||Consensus All-American, 1909|
Adrian E. Regnier (August 28, 1889 – March 2, 1956) was an American football player and coach. He played college football at Brown University at the halfback and end positions from 1907 to 1909. He was the captain of the 1909 Brown Bears football team and was selected as a consensus All-American at the end position in 1909. Regnier also played baseball and basketball and was a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity. He graduated from Brown in 1910.
During World War I, he served in the United States Army. He was injured in approximately May 1918 while serving in a machine gun battalion of the New England Division. He later became a sales engineer. He died in March 1956 at Springfield Hospital in Wilbraham, Massachusetts.
- ↑ "Award Winners". NCAA. 2012. p. 4. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2012/Awards.pdf.
- ↑ "Regnier Is Brown's 1909 Captain". The New York Times. November 19, 1908. http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=F7061EFE3A5A17738DDDA00994D9415B888CF1D3.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Lieut. Kissel, Lost, Is Son of Banker". The New York Times. May 11, 1918. http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=F2061EFE3D5A11738DDDA80994DD405B888DF1D3.
- ↑ "Regnier To Coach Union: Crack Brown Athlete Will Have Charge of Football Team". Daily Boston Globe. April 23, 1910. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/705768052.html?dids=705768052:705768052&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:AI&date=Apr+23%2C+1910&author=&pub=Boston+Daily+Globe&desc=REGNIER+TO+COACH+UNION&pqatl=google.
- ↑ "Regnier To Coach Union College Eleven". The Evening News, Providence, R.I.. April 23, 1910. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=GdZcAAAAIBAJ&sjid=QlkNAAAAIBAJ&pg=6176,4006436&dq=regnier+union-college&hl=en.
- ↑ "Union Football Year-by-Year". Union Athletics. http://www.unionathletics.com/sports/2009/7/7/FB_0707095301.aspx?id=1977.(the list of Union College coaches identifies the 1910 head coach as H. E. Regnier.)
- ↑ "Adrian E. Regnier". The New York Times. March 4, 1956. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10C1FF6395816738FDDAD0894DB405B8689F1D3.