|2018 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August 30 – November 10, 2018|
The 2018 NCAA Division III football season is the component of the 2018 college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States. The regular season began on August 30 and culminated on November 17.
The season's playoffs ended with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, at Woodforest Bank Stadium in Shenandoah, Texas. Hosted by the University of Mary Hardin–Baylor, this was the first Stagg Bowl since 1992 to be played away from the Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia.
- July 5 – Frostburg State University announced that it had accepted an offer to become an all-sports member of the Division II Mountain East Conference. Pending NCAA approval, the Bobcats will join the MEC for the 2019 season. Frostburg State is currently a football-only affiliate of the New Jersey Athletic Conference.
- August 9 – The Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, which had added its first member outside the state of Iowa (Nebraska Wesleyan) in 2016, announced a name change to American Rivers Conference.
- September 22 – After previously announcing that they would be joining the Division II Great Lakes Valley Conference for the 2019 season, Benedictine University reversed course and will instead remain at the Division III level. The Eagles are currently all-sports members of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference.
Conference changes and new programs
|School||2017 conference||2018 conference|
|New England||New program||CCC Football|
- 2018 NCAA Division I FBS football season
- 2018 NCAA Division I FCS football season
- 2018 NCAA Division II football season
- 2018 NAIA football season
- "Frostburg State set to join D-II conference". d3sports.com. http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/07/frostburg-state-join-d2. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- "#RiversRise; Iowa Conference Now American Rivers Conference" (Press release). American Rivers Conference. August 9, 2018. http://rollrivers.com/news/2018/8/7/american-rivers-conference.aspx. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- "Benedictine pulls 180, will return to D-III". d3sports.com. http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2018/09/benedictine-to-return-to-d3. Retrieved 3 November 2018.