|2018 Green Bay Packers season|
|Head Coach||Mike McCarthy (fired Week 13, 4–7–1 record)|
Joe Philbin (interim)
|General Manager||Brian Gutekunst|
|Home Field||Lambeau Field|
|Place||3rd NFC North|
|Playoff Finish||Did not qualify|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 2018 season was the Green Bay Packers' 98th season in the National Football League, their 100th overall and their 13th and final season under head coach Mike McCarthy. After missing the playoffs for the first time since 2008 and losing quarterback Aaron Rodgers to injury, the Packers were aiming to improve their 7–9 record from last season but finished with a 6–9–1 record.
On December 2, 2018, after a 4–7–1 start, Mike McCarthy was fired hours after the Packer's Week 13 loss to the Arizona Cardinals and Joe Philbin was named as the interim head coach. After a loss to the Chicago Bears in week 15, the Packers were eliminated from the postseason. This was the first time the Packers missed the postseason back to back years since 2005 to 2006, which were also the first two seasons of the Aaron Rodgers era and the beginning of the Mike McCarthy era. This was also the first time the Packers suffered from back to back losing seasons since 1990 to 1991, a year before Brett Favre's arrival.
- 1 Coaching moves
- 2 Player movements
- 3 Draft
- 4 Staff
- 5 Final roster
- 6 Preseason
- 7 Regular season
- 7.1 Schedule
- 7.2 Game summaries
- 7.2.1 Week 1: vs. Chicago Bears
- 7.2.2 Week 2: vs. Minnesota Vikings
- 7.2.3 Week 3: at Washington Redskins
- 7.2.4 Week 4: vs. Buffalo Bills
- 7.2.5 Week 5: at Detroit Lions
- 7.2.6 Week 6: vs. San Francisco 49ers
- 7.2.7 Week 8: at Los Angeles Rams
- 7.2.8 Week 9: at New England Patriots
- 7.2.9 Week 10: vs. Miami Dolphins
- 7.2.10 Week 11: at Seattle Seahawks
- 7.2.11 Week 12: at Minnesota Vikings
- 7.2.12 Week 13: vs. Arizona Cardinals
- 7.2.13 Week 14: vs. Atlanta Falcons
- 7.2.14 Week 15: at Chicago Bears
- 7.2.15 Week 16: at New York Jets
- 7.2.16 Week 17: vs. Detroit Lions
- 7.3 Standings
- 8 Statistics
- 9 Awards
- 10 References
- 11 External links
- Dom Capers was fired as defensive coordinator, and replaced by former New York Jets defensive coordinator and Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine.
- Edgar Bennett was fired as Offensive Coordinator, and replaced by Joe Philbin, who had previously served as the Packers Offensive Coordinator from 2007–11.
- Mike Trgovac was fired as Defensive Line Coach, and replaced by Jerry Montgomery.
- Alex Van Pelt left as Quarterbacks Coach, and was replaced by Frank Cignetti Jr.
- Luke Getsy left as Receivers Coach, and was replaced by David Raih.
The league year and free agency started on March 14, 2018.
|S||Morgan Burnett||UFA||March 20, 2018||Pittsburgh Steelers|
|CB||Davon House||UFA||April 13, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|WR||Jeff Janis||UFA||March 30, 2018||Cleveland Browns|
|OT||Ulrick John||UFA||April 23, 2018||New England Patriots|
|TE||Richard Rodgers||UFA||April 4, 2018||Philadelphia Eagles|
|ILB||Joe Thomas||RFA||March 21, 2018||Dallas Cowboys|
|WR||Geronimo Allison||ERFA||March 14, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|CB||Donatello Brown||ERFA||March 12, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|QB||Joe Callahan||ERFA||March 13, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|WR||Michael Clark||ERFA||March 12, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|FB||Joe Kerridge||ERFA||March 14, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|G||Justin McCray||ERFA||March 12, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|OT||Adam Pankey||ERFA||March 13, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|G||Lucas Patrick||ERFA||March 13, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|CB||Herb Waters||ERFA||March 15, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|S||Jermaine Whitehead||ERFA||March 14, 2018||Green Bay Packers|
|March 15, 2018||To Green Bay Packers
2018 4th-round pick (101st)
2018 5th-round pick (138th)
|To Cleveland Browns|
2018 4th-round pick (114th)
2018 5th-round pick (150th)
|August 26, 2018||To Green Bay Packers
|To Indianapolis Colts|
|August 29, 2018||To Green Bay Packers
2019 6th-round pick
|To Seattle Seahawks|
|October 30, 2018||To Green Bay Packers
2019 4th-round pick
|To Washington Redskins|
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
|October 30, 2018||To Green Bay Packers
2020 7th-round pick
|To Baltimore Ravens|
The roster was cut to 53 on September 1, 2018.
|1||18||Jaire Alexander||CB||Louisville||From Seattle|
|3||88||Oren Burks||ILB||Vanderbilt||From Carolina|
|4||133||J'Mon Moore||WR||Missouri||Compensatory pick|
|5||138||Cole Madison||G||Washington State||From Cleveland|
|172||JK Scott||P||Alabama||Compensatory pick|
|174||Marquez Valdes-Scantling||WR||South Florida||Compensatory pick|
|6||207||Equanimeous St. Brown||WR||Notre Dame||Compensatory Pick|
|239||Hunter Bradley||LS||Mississippi State||From Buffalo|
|248||Kendall Donnerson||OLB||Southeast Missouri State||From Seattle|
- The Packers traded their first-round pick (14th overall) to New Orleans in exchange for New Orleans’ first-round pick (27th overall), fifth-round pick (147th overall), and 2019 first-round pick.
- The Packers traded their first-round pick traded from the Saints (27th overall), a third-round pick (76th overall) and a sixth-round pick (186th overall) to Seattle in exchange for Seattle's 18th overall pick and a seventh-round pick (248th overall).
- The Packers traded their fourth-round pick (101st overall), and a fifth-round pick (147th overall) to Carolina in exchange for Carolina's 3rd-round pick (88th overall).
- The Packers traded their fourth- and fifth-round selections (114th and 150th overall), and cornerback Damarious Randall to Cleveland in exchange for Cleveland's fourth-and fifth-round selections (101st and 138th overall), and quarterback DeShone Kizer
- The Packers were awarded four compensatory picks (133rd, 172nd, 174th and 207th overall).
- The Packers traded linebacker Lerentee McCray to Buffalo in exchange for Buffalo's seventh-round selection (239th overall).
|2018 Green Bay Packers staff|
Strength and conditioning
|2018 Green Bay Packers roster|
The preseason schedule was announced on April 11, 2018.
|1||Template:Dow tooltip||Tennessee Titans||W 31–17||1–0||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|2||Template:Dow tooltip||Pittsburgh Steelers||W 51–34||2–0||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|3||Template:Dow tooltip||at Oakland Raiders||L 6–13||2–1||Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum||Recap|
|4||Template:Dow tooltip||at Kansas City Chiefs||L 21–33||2–2||Arrowhead Stadium||Recap|
The regular season schedule was announced on April 19, 2018.
|1||September 9||Chicago Bears||W 24–23||1–0||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|2||September 16||Minnesota Vikings||T 29–29 (OT)||1–0–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|3||September 23||at Washington Redskins||L 17–31||1–1–1||FedExField||Recap|
|4||September 30||Buffalo Bills||W 22–0||2–1–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|5||October 7||at Detroit Lions||L 23–31||2–2–1||Ford Field||Recap|
|6||Template:Dow tooltip||San Francisco 49ers||W 33–30||3–2–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|8||October 28||at Los Angeles Rams||L 27–29||3–3–1||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||Recap|
|9||November 4||at New England Patriots||L 17–31||3–4–1||Gillette Stadium||Recap|
|10||November 11||Miami Dolphins||W 31–12||4–4–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|11||Template:Dow tooltip||at Seattle Seahawks||L 24–27||4–5–1||CenturyLink Field||Recap|
|12||November 25||at Minnesota Vikings||L 17–24||4–6–1||U.S. Bank Stadium||Recap|
|13||December 2||Arizona Cardinals||L 17–20||4–7–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|14||December 9||Atlanta Falcons||W 34–20||5–7–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
|15||December 16||at Chicago Bears||L 17–24||5–8–1||Soldier Field||Recap|
|16||December 23||at New York Jets||W 44–38 (OT)||6–8–1||MetLife Stadium||Recap|
|17||December 30||Detroit Lions||L 0–31||6–9–1||Lambeau Field||Recap|
Note: Intra-division opponents are in bold text.
Week 1: vs. Chicago Bears
Week 1: Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
This was the Packers' first win from a 17 point deficit or more entering the 4th quarter in franchise history.
Week 2: vs. Minnesota Vikings
Week 2: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
Week 3: at Washington Redskins
Week 3: Green Bay Packers at Washington Redskins – Game summary|
Week 4: vs. Buffalo Bills
Week 4: Buffalo Bills at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
Week 5: at Detroit Lions
Week 5: Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions – Game summary|
Week 6: vs. San Francisco 49ers
Week 6: San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
Week 8: at Los Angeles Rams
Week 8: Green Bay Packers at Los Angeles Rams – Game summary|
Week 9: at New England Patriots
Week 9: Green Bay Packers at New England Patriots – Game summary|
Week 10: vs. Miami Dolphins
Week 10: Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
Week 11: at Seattle Seahawks
Week 11: Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks – Game summary|
Week 12: at Minnesota Vikings
Week 12: Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings – Game summary|
Week 13: vs. Arizona Cardinals
Week 13: Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
Week 14: vs. Atlanta Falcons
Week 14: Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
Week 15: at Chicago Bears
Week 15: Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears – Game summary|
Week 16: at New York Jets
Week 16: Green Bay Packers at New York Jets – Game summary|
Week 17: vs. Detroit Lions
Week 17: Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers – Game summary|
|(3) Chicago Bears||12||4||0||.750||5–1||10–2||421||283||W4|
|Green Bay Packers||6||9||1||.406||1–4–1||3–8–1||376||400||L1|
|1[lower-alpha 1]||New Orleans Saints||South||13||3||0||.813||4–2||9–3||.482||.488||L1|
|2[lower-alpha 1]||Los Angeles Rams||West||13||3||0||.813||6–0||9–3||.480||.428||W2|
|Did not qualify for the playoffs|
|8[lower-alpha 2]||Atlanta Falcons||South||7||9||0||.438||4–2||7–5||.482||.348||W3|
|9[lower-alpha 2]||Washington Redskins||East||7||9||0||.438||2–4||6–6||.486||.371||L2|
|10[lower-alpha 2]||Carolina Panthers||South||7||9||0||.438||2–4||5–7||.508||.518||W1|
|11||Green Bay Packers||North||6||9||1||.406||1–4–1||3–8–1||.488||.417||L1|
|13[lower-alpha 3]||New York Giants||East||5||11||0||.313||1–5||4–8||.527||.487||L3|
|14[lower-alpha 3]||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||South||5||11||0||.313||2–4||4–8||.523||.506||L4|
|15||San Francisco 49ers||West||4||12||0||.250||1–5||2–10||.504||.406||L2|
|Passing yards||Aaron Rodgers||4442|
|Rushing yards||Aaron Jones||728|
|Kickoff return yards||Ty Montgomery||210|
|Punt return yards||Tramon Williams||83|
|Interceptions||Ha Ha Clinton-Dix||3|
|Category||Total yards||Yards per game||NFL rank|
(out of 32)
|David Bakhtiari||2018 All-Pro team|
|Mason Crosby||Week 6: Special Teams Player of the Week|
|Aaron Rodgers||Week 6: FedEx Air Player of the Week (Quarterbacks)|
- "NFL.com Statistics". NFL.com. September 10, 2018. http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2018&seasonType=&Submit=Go. Retrieved September 10, 2018.
- "Two Packers selected to the Pro Bowl". https://www.packers.com/news/two-packers-selected-to-the-pro-bowl. Retrieved December 18, 2018.
- "All-Pro Team: Donald, Mahomes among highlights". nfl.com. January 4, 2019. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001007645/article/allpro-team-donald-mahomes-among-highlights. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- Lam, Quang M. "Albert Wilson, Todd Gurley among Players of Week". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975154/article/albert-wilson-todd-gurley-among-players-of-week. Retrieved October 17, 2018.
- "FedEx Players Air and Ground". http://www.nfl.com/voting/players-air-and-ground/2018. Retrieved September 24, 2018.
<ref> tags exist for a group named "lower-alpha", but no corresponding
<references group="lower-alpha"/> tag was found, or a closing
</ref> is missing