|League||Ultimate Indoor Football League|
|Duration||February, 2012 – June, 2012|
|Season champions||Florida Tarpons|
|North champions||Cincinnati Commandos|
|North runners-up||Erie Explosion|
|South champions||Florida Tarpons|
|South runners-up||Lakeland Raiders|
|Ultimate Bowl II|
|Finals champions||Cincinnati Commandos|
|Ultimate Bowl II MVP||Kyenes Mincy|
On May 14, The UIFL suspended the ownership of Johnstown, Western Pennsylvania The result of the Johnstown suspension leads to the cancellation of the June 2 contest with Erie, and sets the field for the North division. Cincinnati, Erie and Marion will spend the final four weeks of the season fighting for playoff seeding. The Palm Beach Phantoms a former NIFL team will replace the Sting for its two games in Florida. The Phantoms, who are currently participating in an eight-man outdoor league, are applying for inclusion for the 2013 UIFL season. Johnstown was reinstated on May 30, 2012
On June 11,The UIFL accepted self-imposed penalties of the Eastern Kentucky Drillers. As a reaction to several off-the-field incidents, at home and on the road, by some players, the Drillers are banning themselves from the 2012 season. The resulting ban moves Lakeland into the UIFL South division championship game on June 25 against Florida.
For this season only, the UIFL used the name "United Indoor Football League;" the more widely known (and unrelated) United Football League had suspended its operations during the 2012 offseason. Upon the UFL's resumption of operations in late summer 2012, the UIFL reverted to the "Ultimate Indoor Football League" name it had used in 2011.
2012 United Indoor Football League
|Marion Blue Racers||6||3||.667||-||6||3||.667||513||343|
|Western Pennsylvania Sting||0||5||.000||-||0||6||.000||125||464|
|Eastern Kentucky Drillers||5||4||.556||-||5||4||.556||524||327|
|Mississippi Hound Dogs||1||8||.111||-||1||8||.111||243||471|
y - clinched conference title x - clinched playoff spot
The host for the Ultimate Bowl is determined by the following tiebreakers: overall record, head to head record, record against playoff teams, margin in head to head game, total points allowed, coin flip Due to continued usage of the "United Bowl" name by the Indoor Football League (an issue that also affected the UFL), the UIFL continued to use the "Ultimate Bowl" name for its championship, despite the change in the league's name.
June 23, 25
|Ultimate Bowl II|
July 2, 2012
|N3||Marion Blue Racers||47|
|2012 Ultimate Indoor Football League seasons|
|Cincinnati||Eastern Kentucky||Erie||Florida||Johnstown||Lakeland||Marion||Mississippi||Rome||Western Pennsylvania|
- ↑ Andrew Haines (September 4, 2011). "UIFL President Andrew Haines Blog 9/4/2011". TheUIFL.com. UIFL. http://theuifl.com/archives/1755/. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- ↑ "League steps in on Mississippi". UIFL. http://uiflfootball.com/league-assumes-control-of-mississippi/#more-3268. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- ↑ Montrose, Dave (28 April 2012). "Tarpons clinch playoff spot with win over Dogs". Fort Myers News-Press. http://www.news-press.com/article/20120429/SPORTS/304290057/Tarpons-clinch-playoff-spot-win-over-Dogs?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- ↑ "UIFL suspends Johnstown, Western PA". uiflfootball.com. http://uiflfootball.com/uifl-suspends-johnstown-western-pa/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uifl-suspends-johnstown-western-pa. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- ↑ "Johnstown ownership reinstated". uiflfootball.com. http://uiflfootball.com/johnstown-ownership-reinstated/#more-3464. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- ↑ "Drillers impose post-season ban". www.wkyt.com. http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/headlines/Drillers_impose_post-season_ban_158462825.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- ↑ "2012 UIFL playoff schedule". uiflfootball.com. http://uiflfootball.com/schedule/post-season/. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 2012 UIFL season.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with American Football Database, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.