|2008 GMAC Bowl|
GMAC Bowl logo.
|Date||January 6, 2008|
|Stadium||Ladd Peebles Stadium|
|Favorite||Tulsa by 4½ |
|Payout||US$750,000 per team|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers:||Bob Wischusen, Andre Ware, Joe Schad|
The 2008 GMAC Bowl was an American college football bowl game. It was part of the 2007 NCAA Division I FBS football season and was the 9th annual playing of the game. It was played on January 6, 2008 at Ladd Peebles Stadium in Mobile, Alabama and featured the Tulsa Golden Hurricane against the Bowling Green Falcons.
In chronological order, the GMAC Bowl is the last bowl game outside of the Bowl Championship Series and the next-to-last (31st out of 32) overall.
- Tulsa quarterback Paul Smith set an NCAA Division I record with his 14th consecutive 300-yard passing game.
- The 63-7 final score makes this game the largest margin of victory in bowl history surpassing the 55-point margin set by Alabama over Syracuse in the 1953 Orange Bowl.
- The game represented just the second matchup of the two teams in football. In 1989, Tulsa also beat Bowling Green in blowout fashion, 45-10.
- Fox, David (2007-12-13). "Rivals.com Bowl Viewer's Guide". Rivals.com. Archived from the original on 15 December 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20071215170107/http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=750671. Retrieved 2007-12-17.
- Associated Press (2008-01-06). "Smith's 14th straight 300-yard game leads Tulsa past Bowling Green". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 10 January 2008. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=280060189. Retrieved 2008-01-07.