|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2013)|
2004 in sports describes the year's events in world sport.
- College football Bowl Championship Series (2003 season):
- January 1 – Rose Bowl – USC 28, Michigan 14
- January 1 – Orange Bowl – Miami 16, Florida State 14
- January 2 – Fiesta Bowl – Ohio State 35, Kansas State 28
- January 4 – Sugar Bowl – LSU 21, Oklahoma 14
- January 5 – LSU is awarded the 2003 BCS national championship; USC is awarded the 2003 Associated Press national championship
- National Football League –
- February 1 – Super Bowl XXXVIII – New England Patriots 32, Carolina Panthers 29 at Houston, Texas
- August 8 – John Elway, Barry Sanders, Carl Eller and Bob Brown are inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame
- September 19 – Jerry Rice's record of 274 consecutive games with a pass reception comes to an end, although his Oakland Raiders defeat the Buffalo Bills, 13-10.
- September 27 – Morten Andersen appears in his 341st NFL game, breaking the record set by George Blanda.
- December 26 – Peyton Manning threw his 49th touchdown pass of the season in a game against the San Diego Chargers breaking Dan Marino's single season touchdown record
- November 21 – the Toronto Argonauts win the 92nd Grey Cup game, defeating the BC Lions 27-19 at Frank Clair Stadium in Ottawa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.