|2004 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August – November 2004|
The 2004 NCAA Division III football season, part of the college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States, began in August 2004, and concluded with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, in December 2004 at Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia. The Linfield Wildcats won their first Division III championship by defeating the Mary Hardin–Baylor Crusaders, 28−21.
Conference champions[edit | edit source]
Postseason[edit | edit source]
The 2004 NCAA Division III Football Championship playoffs were the 32nd annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division III college football. The championship Stagg Bowl game was held at Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia for the 12th time. This was the last bracket to feature 28 teams before expanding to 32 teams in 2005.
Playoff bracket[edit | edit source]
|National Championship Game|
Salem Football Stadium
|UW–La Crosse||37||UW–La Crosse||14|
|St. John Fisher||31||Delaware Valley||7|
|Muhlenberg||3||St. John Fisher||20|
|Delaware Valley||21||Delaware Valley||26|
|Mary Hardin–Baylor||32||Mary Hardin–Baylor||42|
|Trinity (TX)||31||Mary Hardin–Baylor||52|
|Christopher Newport||35||Wash. & Jefferson||16|
|Wash. & Jefferson||55**||Wash. & Jefferson||24|
|Bridgewater (VA)||48||Mary Hardin–Baylor||38|
|Wheaton (IL)||31||Wheaton (IL)||6|
|Mount St. Joseph||7||Mount Union||38|
See also[edit | edit source]
- 2004 NCAA Division I-A football season
- 2004 NCAA Division I-AA football season
- 2004 NCAA Division II football season
References[edit | edit source]
- "All-Time Division III Football Championship Records". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 4-15. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- "2004 NCAA Division III National Football Championship Bracket". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 15. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 28, 2014.