2001 in sports describes the year’s events in world sport. Template:Year box/outer core
- Orange Bowl – The Oklahoma Sooners won 13-2 over the Florida State Seminoles in the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game.
- Super Bowl XXXV – In their first Super Bowl appearance, the Baltimore Ravens won 34-7 over the New York Giants.
- XFL is founded by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, but the league folded that same year, after the Los Angeles Xtreme won the league's only championship.
- INVESCO Field at Mile High opens up on September 10, 2001 as the Denver Broncos defeated the New York Giants 31-20.
- November 25 – the Calgary Stampeders win the 89th Grey Cup game, defeating the Winnipeg Blue Bombers 27-19 at Olympic Stadium in Montreal.
- November 29 – the UBC Thunderbirds win the Vanier Cup, defeating the Ottawa Gee-Gees 39-23.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.