|1999 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August – November 1999|
The 1999 NCAA Division III football season, part of the college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States, began in August 1999, and concluded with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, in December 1999 at Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia. The Pacific Lutheran Lutes won their first Division III championship by defeating the Rowan Profs, 42−13.
The 1999 NCAA Division III Football Championship playoffs were the 27th annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division III college football. The championship Stagg Bowl game was held at Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia for the seventh time. This was the first bracket to feature 28 teams after expanding from the previous format of 16 teams in place from 1985 to 1998. With the new format, four teams were given byes to the second round.
|National Championship Game|
Salem Football Stadium
|Augustana (IL)||39||Augustana (IL)||33|
|St. Norbert||32||Mount Union||56|
|Ohio Northern||56||Ohio Northern||31|
|West. Conn. State||24|
|Montclair State||37||Montclair State||32|
|Buffalo State||34||Montclair State||13|
|Pacific Lutheran||28||Pacific Lutheran||49|
|Central (IA)||38||Saint John's (MN)||9|
|UW–La Crosse||17||Central (IA)||9|
|Saint John's (MN)||23||Saint John's (MN)||10|
|UW–Stevens Point||10||Pacific Lutheran||49|
|Wash. & Jefferson||14||Wash. & Jefferson||3|
- 1999 NCAA Division I-A football season
- 1999 NCAA Division I-AA football season
- 1999 NCAA Division II football season
- ↑ "All-Time Division III Football Championship Records". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 4-15. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- ↑ "1999 NCAA Division III National Football Championship Bracket". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 14. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 26, 2014.