|1998 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August – November 1998|
The 1998 NCAA Division III football season, part of the college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States, began in August 1998, and concluded with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, in December 1998 at Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia. The Mount Union Purple Raiders won their fourth, and third consecutive, Division III championship by defeating the Rowan Profs, 44−24.
Conference champions[edit | edit source]
Postseason[edit | edit source]
The 1998 NCAA Division III Football Championship playoffs were the 26th annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division III college football. The championship Stagg Bowl game was held at Salem Football Stadium in Salem, Virginia for the second time. As of 2014, Salem has remained the yearly host of the Stagg Bowl. This was the final bracket to feature sixteen teams before expanding to 32 teams in 1998.
Playoff bracket[edit | edit source]
|National Championship Game|
Salem Football Stadium
|Saint John's (MN)||3|
|Saint John's (MN)||33|
See also[edit | edit source]
- 1998 NCAA Division I-A football season
- 1998 NCAA Division I-AA football season
- 1998 NCAA Division II football season
References[edit | edit source]
- "All-Time Division III Football Championship Records". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 4–15. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- "1998 NCAA Division III National Football Championship Bracket". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 14. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 26, 2014.