Template:Infobox college sports team season Template:1996 Ivy League football standings The 1996 Princeton Tigers football team was an American football team that represented Princeton University during the 1996 NCAA Division I-AA football season. In its final year at Palmer Stadium, Princeton tied for second-to-last in the Ivy League.
Princeton's 2–5 conference record tied for sixth place in the Ivy League standings. The Tigers were outscored 142 to 87 by Ivy League opponents.
Princeton played its home games, for the 183rd and final year, at Palmer Stadium on the university campus in Princeton, New Jersey. After the 1996 season, Palmer Stadium was demolished to make way for its replacement.
|September 21||at Cornell||L 27–33 OT||14,120|||
|September 28||Holy Cross*||W 37–30||5,451|||
|October 5||Lehigh*||L 14–20||7,053|||
|October 12||Brown||L 23–27||8,030|||
|October 19||at Bucknell*||L 6–10||2,166|||
|October 26||Harvard||L 0–24||14,410|||
|November 2||at Columbia||W 14–11||9,100|||
|November 9||Penn||L 6–10||10,034|||
|November 16||at Yale||W 17–13||29,469|||
|November 23||No. 18 Dartmouth||L 0–24||16,461|||
- "Results". Princeton Football Record Book. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University. p. 31. http://www.princetontigersfootball.com/themencode-pdf-viewer-sc/?tnc_pvfw=ZmlsZT1odHRwOi8vd3d3LnByaW5jZXRvbnRpZ2Vyc2Zvb3RiYWxsLmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxNy8wMi9QcmluY2V0b25fRm9vdGJhbGxfUmVjb3JkX0Jvb2sucGRmJnNldHRpbmdzPSZsYW5nPWVuLVVT. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Year-by-Year History". Ivy League Football Media Guide. Princeton, N.J.: Ivy League. 2017. pp. 36-37. https://ivyleague.com/documents/2017/8/23/3_Year_By_Year_History_2017.pdf?id=2998. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- "Princeton Bows to Cornell in Ivy's First Overtime Game". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Associated Press (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. C14. September 22, 1996. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59165679/1996-cornell-princeton/.
- Finnegan, Tara (September 29, 1996). "Princeton Survives Scare". The Home News & Tribune (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. D8. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59166990/1996-princeton-hc/.
- Finnegan, Tara (October 6, 1996). "Lehigh Finds Right Motivation to Shut Down Princeton". The Home News & Tribune (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. C8. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59169551/1996-lehigh-princeton/.
- "Late Bid Fails as Tigers Tumble". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Associated Press (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. C19. October 13, 1996. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59180243/1996-brown-princeton/.
- Hummel, Todd (October 20, 1996). "Bison Slide Past Tigers". The Daily Item (Sunbury, Pa.): p. C1. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59181397/1996-bucknell-princeton/. Attendance figure in "Ivy League Summaries". Boston Sunday Globe (Boston, Mass.): p. D19. October 20, 1996.
- Burris, Joe (October 27, 1996). "Harvard Gains Its Second Wind, Wins". Boston Sunday Globe (Boston, Mass.): p. C18. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59182134/1996-harvard-princeton/.
- "Princeton Edges Past Columbia". The Home News & Tribune. Associated Press (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. C5. November 3, 1996. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59184000/1996-columbia-princeton/.
- Juliano, Joe (November 10, 1996). "Penn Defense Too Much for Princeton". The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. C16. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/30125687/penn-defense-too-much-for-princeton/.
- Berlet, Bruce (November 17, 1996). "Turns Out to Be a Long Day for Yale, Cozza". The Hartford Courant (Hartford, Conn.): p. E10. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59187027/1996-princeton-yale/.
- Denman, Elliott (November 24, 1996). "Tigers Come Up Short in Palmer Finale". The Home News & Tribune (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. C6. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/59188226/1996-dartmouth-princeton/.