1992 in sports describes the year's events in football.
- Steve Emtman is the #1 pick in the 1992 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts
- June 25 – death of Jerome Brown (27), Philadelphia Eagles player, in a car crash
- Super Bowl XXVI – The Washington Redskins win their third Super Bowl title, and fifth NFL title, over the Buffalo Bills, 37-24, January 26, 1992 (from 1991 season)
- Super Bowl XXVII Dallas Cowboys defeat Buffalo Bills 52-17 January 31, 1993 (from the 1992 season)
- Steve Young (American football), quarterback of the San Francisco 49ers, wins the 1992 NFL MVP
- November 29 – Dennis Byrd of the New York Jets is paralyzed from a neck injury during an NFL game against the Kansas City Chiefs. He made a recovery that bordered on the miraculous; although he would never play again, he would walk unassisted several months later.
- Alabama Crimson Tide wins the 1992 national championship of college football, beating the Miami Hurricanes in the Sugar Bowl 34-14
- Gino Torretta of the Miami Hurricanes wins the Heisman Trophy, Davey O'Brien Award and Walter Camp Award
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.