Template:Infobox college sports team season Template:1992 Ivy League football standings The 1992 Princeton Tigers football team was an American football team that represented Princeton University during the 1992 NCAA Division I-AA football season. Princeton was co-champion of the Ivy League.
Princeton's 6–1 conference record tied atop the Ivy League standings. The Tigers outscored Ivy League opponents 181 to 102. Princeton's only conference loss was the season-ending showdown with co-champion Dartmouth.
By the closing weeks of the season, Princeton had cracked the national top 20 rankings, listed as No. 20 in the poll of November 9 and No. 17 in the poll of November 16. Following the loss to Dartmouth, Princeton was unranked in the season's final poll.
|September 19||at Cornell||W 22–20||13,000|||
|September 26||Lafayette*||W 38–35||6,820|||
|October 3||at Lehigh*||W 38–28||13,448|||
|October 10||Brown||W 28–14||14,275|||
|October 17||at Holy Cross*||L 7–10||8,114|||
|October 24||Harvard||W 21–6||19,250|||
|October 31||at Columbia||W 34–7||9,335|||
|November 7||Penn||W 20–14||17,421|||
|November 14||at Yale||W 36–7||16,450|||
|November 21||Dartmouth||L 20–34||24,120|||
- "Results". Princeton Football Record Book. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University. p. 31. http://www.princetontigersfootball.com/themencode-pdf-viewer-sc/?tnc_pvfw=ZmlsZT1odHRwOi8vd3d3LnByaW5jZXRvbnRpZ2Vyc2Zvb3RiYWxsLmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxNy8wMi9QcmluY2V0b25fRm9vdGJhbGxfUmVjb3JkX0Jvb2sucGRmJnNldHRpbmdzPSZsYW5nPWVuLVVT. Retrieved June 20, 2020.
- "Year-by-Year History". Ivy League Football Media Guide. Princeton, N.J.: Ivy League. 2017. pp. 34-35. https://ivyleague.com/documents/2017/8/23/3_Year_By_Year_History_2017.pdf?id=2998. Retrieved July 10, 2020.
- Bruns, John (September 20, 1992). "Princeton Gets Breaks to Edge Cornell, 22-20". The Home News (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. D1. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58617906/1992-cornell-princeton/.
- Bruns, John (September 27, 1992). "Elias Sets Mark to Boost Tigers Past Lafayette". The Home News (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. D1. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58619691/1992-lafayette-princeton/.
- Gesualdo, Marc (October 4, 1992). "Elias Carries Princeton, 38-28". The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. D13. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58620651/1992-lehigh-princeton/.
- Bruns, John (October 11, 1992). "Tigers Do It Right -- Again". The Home News (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. E1. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58621092/1992-brown-princeton/.
- Bruns, John (October 18, 1992). "Princeton's Day Full of Surprises". The Home News (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. D1. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58621847/1992-princeton-hc/.
- Naunton, Shawn (October 25, 1992). "Princeton Dumps Harvard". The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. C12. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58646478/1992-harvard-princeton/.
- "Elias Carries Princeton Over Columbia, 34-7". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Associated Press (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. D11. November 1, 1992. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58649929/1992-columbia-princeton/.
- Bruns, John (November 8, 1992). "Tigers Hold Off Quakers". The Home News (New Brunswick, N.J.): p. D1. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58668704/1992-penn-princeton/.
- Concannon, Joe (November 15, 1992). "Princeton Holds Yale in a Clinch". Boston Sunday Globe (Boston, Mass.): p. 61. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58669861/1992-princeton-yale/.
- Naunton, Shawn (November 22, 1992). "Dartmouth Wins, Shares Ivy Title". The Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, Pa.): p. E11. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/58671111/1992-dartmouth-princeton/.
Template:Ivy League football champions