|1990 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August – November 1990|
The 1990 NCAA Division III football season, part of the college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States, began in August 1990, and concluded with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, in December 1990 at Hawkins Stadium in Bradenton, Florida. The Allegheny Gators won their first Division III championship by defeating the Lycoming Warriors, 21−14, in overtime.
Conference and program changes[edit | edit source]
|School||1989 Conference||1990 Conference|
|Davidson||I-AA Independent||D-III Independent|
Conference champions[edit | edit source]
Postseason[edit | edit source]
The 1990 NCAA Division III Football Championship playoffs were the 18th annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division III college football. The championship Stagg Bowl game was held at Hawkins Stadium in Bradenton, Florida for the first time. Like the previous five tournaments, this year's bracket featured sixteen teams.
Playoff bracket[edit | edit source]
|National Championship Game|
|Washington & Jefferson||10|
|Washington & Jefferson||0|
|St. Thomas (MN)||24|
|St. Thomas (MN)||32|
See also[edit | edit source]
- 1990 NCAA Division I-A football season
- 1990 NCAA Division I-AA football season
- 1990 NCAA Division II football season
References[edit | edit source]
- "All-Time Division III Football Championship Records". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 4-15. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "1990 NCAA Division III National Football Championship Bracket". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 14. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 20, 2014.