|1988 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August – November 1988|
The 1988 NCAA Division III football season, part of the college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States, began in August 1988, and concluded with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, in December 1988 at Garrett-Harrison Stadium in Phenix City, Alabama. The Ithaca Bombers won their third Division III championship by defeating the Central (IA) Dutch, 39−24.
Conference champions[edit | edit source]
Postseason[edit | edit source]
The 1988 NCAA Division III Football Championship playoffs were the 16th annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division III college football. The championship Stagg Bowl game was held at Garrett-Harrison Stadium in Phenix City, Alabama for the 14th time and for the fourth consecutive year. Like the previous three tournaments, this year's bracket featured sixteen teams.
NCAA Division III Playoff bracket[edit | edit source]
|National Championship Game|
Phenix City, Alabama
See also[edit | edit source]
- 1988 NCAA Division I-A football season
- 1988 NCAA Division I-AA football season
- 1988 NCAA Division II football season
References[edit | edit source]
- "All-Time Division III Football Championship Records". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 4-15. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- "1988 NCAA Division III National Football Championship Bracket". NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 14. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d3/champ.pdf. Retrieved November 14, 2014.