|1988 Jeep Eagle Aloha Bowl|
|Date||December 25, 1988|
|MVP||OL Mike Utley, Washington State|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers:||Keith Jackson, Lynn Swann|
| Aloha Bowl
The 1988 Jeep Eagle Aloha Bowl was a college football bowl game, played as part of the 1988-89 bowl game schedule of the 1988 NCAA Division I-A football season. It was the 7th Aloha Bowl. It was played on December 25, 1988, at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi. The game matched the Houston Cougars of the Southwest Conference against the Washington State Cougars of the Pac-10 Conference.
Washington State scored 24 second-quarter points and forced a last-second Houston turnover in notching a 24-22 win over the Cougars on Christmas Day. The bowl appearance was Washington State's second of the 1980s and was the first bowl victory for Washington State since the 1916 Rose Bowl.
- UH - Anderson 27-yard field goal (13:13). 3-0 UH
- WSU - Wood 5-yard fumble run (Hanson kick). (13:39). 7-3 WSU
- WSU - Wood 15-yard pass from Rosenbach (Hanson kick). (8:39). 14-3 WSU
- WSU - Hanson 33-yard field goal (6:31). 17-3 WSU
- UH - Witherspoon 1-yard run (kick failed) (4:56). 17-9 WSU
- WSU - Rosenbach 1-yard run (Hanson kick) (0:53). 24-9 WSU
- UH - Mason 53-yard pass from Dacus (2 point pass failed) (4:25). 24-15 WSU
- UH - Weatherspoon 2-yard pass from Dacus (Anderson kick). (13:16). 24-22 WSU