|1983 California Golden Bears football|
|1983 record||5–5–1 (3–4–1 Pac-10)|
|Head coach||Joe Kapp (2nd season)|
|Home stadium||California Memorial Stadium|
|1983 Pacific-10 football standings|
|#17 UCLA †||6||–||1||–||1||7||–||4||–||1|
|† – Conference champion |
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1983 California Golden Bears football team was an American football team that represented the University of California, Berkeley during the 1983 NCAA Division I-A football season. Under head coach Joe Kapp, the team compiled an overall record of 5–5–1 and 3–4–1 in conference.
|September 3||at Texas A&M*||W 19–17||–|
|September 10||at San Diego State*||L 14–28||19,853|
|September 17||San Jose State*||W 30–9||–|
|October 1||No. 3 Arizona||T 33–33||40,018|
|October 8||at Oregon||L 17–24||27,102|
|October 15||Oregon State||W 45–19||35,147|
|October 22||at UCLA||L 16–20||58,062|
|October 29||USC||L 9–19||65,867|
|November 5||Arizona State||W 26–24||–|
|November 12||at Washington State||L 6–16||15,000|
|November 27||at Stanford||W 27–18||84,804|
- "1983 California Golden Bears Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/california/1983-schedule.html. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "California 2015 Football Information Guide". Cal Golden Bears Athletics. p. 166. Archived from the original on October 26, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161026170757/https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/423534.pdf. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- Arizona Football 2016 Media Guide. University of Arizona. p. 107. http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/arizona.sidearmsports.com/documents/2016/8/24/2016_Arizona_FB_Media_Guide.pdf.
- Oregon Football 2015 Media Guide. University of Oregon Athletics. p. 135. https://uoregon_ftp.sidearmsports.com/www.goducks.com/pdf9/3873607.pdf.
- USC Football 2017 Media Guide. University of Southern California Athletics. p. 71. http://usctrojans.com/documents/2017/7/25/2017_USC_Football_Media_Guide.pdf.
- '16 Cougar Football. Washington State University Athletics. p. 81. http://www.wsucougars.com/documents/2016/8/25/2016_Football_Media_Guide_Color.pdf.
- 2015 Football Information Guide. Cal Athletics. 2015. p. 166. Archived from the original on 2016-10-26. https://web.archive.org/web/20161026170757/https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/423534.pdf.
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports team in California is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|