|1974 Kentucky Wildcats football|
|1974 record||6–5 (3–3 SEC)|
|Head coach||Fran Curci (2nd season)|
|Home stadium||Commonwealth Stadium|
|1974 SEC football standings|
|#5/2 Alabama †||6||–||0||–||0||11||–||1||–||0|
|#17/17 Mississippi State||3||–||3||–||0||9||–||3||–||0|
|† – Conference champion |
Rankings from AP Poll / Coaches Poll
The 1974 Kentucky Wildcats football team represented the University of Kentucky in the Southeastern Conference (SEC) during the 1974 NCAA Division I football season. The Wildcats scored 248 points while allowing 194 points, finishing 6–5 overall and 3–3 in the SEC.
Kentucky lost its SEC opener on the road at Auburn, 31–13, but followed with a 20–13 home win against LSU. A 24-20 home loss to Georgia was followed by a 30–7 win at Tulane. Kentucky then won two conference games at home, 38–12 against Vanderbilt and 41–24 against #9-ranked Florida (7–2). Florida already received an invitation to the Sugar Bowl, while Kentucky, at 5–4, was looking to clinch its first winning season since 1965. Florida jumped out to a 17–6 lead but Kentucky outscored the Gators 35–7 the rest of the way, causing three Florida fumbles, intercepting two passes and blocking two punts. Kentucky closed its season with a 24–7 loss at Tennessee for a final mark of 6–5 overall and 3–3 in the SEC.
|1||Sept. 14||at Virginia Tech||Win||38||7||1-0|
|2||Sept. 21||at West Virginia||Loss||3||16||1-1|
|4||Oct. 5||Miami (Ohio)||Loss||10||14||2-2|
|5||Oct. 12||at #10 Auburn||Loss||13||31||2-3|
|8||Nov. 2||at Tulane||Win||30||7||4-4|
|10||Nov. 16||#9 Florida||Win||41||24||6-4|
|11||Nov. 23||at Tennessee||Loss||7||24||6-5|
- RB Sonny Collins, Jr.
Team players in the 1975 NFL Draft
|Elmore Stephens||Tight end||2||34||Kansas City Chiefs|
|Rick Nuzum||Tackle||5||126||Los Angeles Rams|
|Tom Ehlers||Linebacker||13||323||Philadelphia Eagles|
- "1974 Kentucky Wildcats game by game results". Archived from the original on 2009-09-27. https://www.webcitation.org/5k5tVFhIX?url=http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Kentucky.htm. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- 1997 Kentucky Football Media Guide, p.208
- Story, Mark, UK football's greatest wins at Commonwealth, Lexington Herald-Leader, September 4, 2011
- "College Football Reference". Archived from the original on 2009-09-27. https://www.webcitation.org/5k5tVfi08?url=http://cfreference.net/cfr/school.s?id=184&season=1976. Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- 1997 Kentucky Football Media Guide, p.168
- "1975 NFL Draft Listing | Pro-Football-Reference.com". Archived from the original on 2009-09-26. https://www.webcitation.org/5k5FzkMtv?url=http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/1975.htm. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
|This College football 1970s season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|