|1971 Miami Redskins football|
|1971 record||7–3 (2–3 MAC)|
|Head coach||Bill Mallory (3rd season)|
|Captain||Doug Krause, Dick Dougherty, Marc Smith|
|Home stadium||Miami Field|
Template:1971 Mid-American Conference football standings The 1971 Miami Redskins football team was an American football team that represented Miami University in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) during the 1971 college football season. In their third season under head coach Bill Mallory, Miami compiled a 7–3 record (2–3 against MAC opponents), finished in a tie for third place in the MAC, and outscored all opponents by a combined total of 207 to 117. The team's defense allowed only 11.7 points per game, which ranked 12th among 128 NCAA University Division football teams.
The team's statistical leaders included Stu Showalter with 464 passing yards, Bob Hitchens with 1,157 rushing yards, and John Viher with 251 receiving yards.
- "1971 Miami (OH) RedHawks Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-oh/1971-schedule.html. Retrieved September 24, 2016.
- "2005 Miami University Football Media Guide". 2005. pp. 118, 122. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mioh/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/113-150_History.pdf. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- "1971 Miami (OH) RedHawks Stats". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-oh/1971.html. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- 2005 Media Guide, p. 149.
- 2005 Media Guide, p. 148.
|This College football 1970s season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|25px||This article about a sports team in Ohio is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|