- January 1 – Rose Bowl (1968 season)
- January 12 – The American Football League New York Jets upset the NFL's heavily favored Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III by a score of 16-7, after quarterback Joe Namath "guaranteed" a victory.
- September 28 – Minnesota Vikings' Quarterback Joe Kapp became the last player to throw seven touchdowns in a single game.
- Kansas City Chiefs 17-7 Oakland Raiders for 1969 AFL championship.
- Minnesota Vikings 27-7 Cleveland Browns for the 1969 NFL championship.
- November 22, 1969 – College Football – Michigan upsets #1 ranked Ohio State 24-12 sending Michigan to the Rose Bowl
- December 6, 1969 – College Football – #1 Texas beats #2 Arkansas 15-14 in the then Game of the Century. Texas would remain #1 for the rest of the season and were the AP 1969 National Champions following their Cotton Bowl win.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.