|1965 Minnesota Vikings season|
|Head Coach||Norm Van Brocklin|
|General Manager||Jim Finks|
|Home Field||Metropolitan Stadium|
|Place||5th NFL Western|
|Playoff Finish||did not qualify|
|Previous season||Next season|
- ^[a] The New York Giants traded their 2nd round selection (15th overall) and 1964 4th round selection (53rd overall) to Minnesota for RB Hugh McElhenny.
- ^[b] Minnesota traded their 3rd round selection (36th overall) to Pittsburgh for RB Bob Ferguson.
- ^[c] Cleveland traded their 4th round selection (55th overall) (and by some reports their 1966 6th round selection (90th overall)) to Minnesota for DT Mike Bundra.
- ^[d] Minnesota traded their 5th round selection (64th overall) to Detroit for WR Tom Hall and HB Bruce Zellmer.
- ^[e] Minnesota traded their 7th round selection (92nd overall) and 1966 6th round selection (87th overall) to Detroit for DT Mike Bundra and End Larry Vargo.
- ^[f] San Francisco traded their 8th round selection (100th overall) to Minnesota for DT Roy Williams.
|1965 Minnesota Vikings roster|
|1||August 14||Pittsburgh Steelers||W 31—21||1—0||Atlanta Stadium (Atlanta, GA)||39,240|
|2||August 20||Philadelphia Eagles||W 35—21||2—0||Metropolitan Stadium||43,125|
|3||August 28||Washington Redskins||W 20—16||3—0||American Legion Memorial Stadium (Charlotte, NC)||20,426|
|4||September 3||Dallas Cowboys||W 57—17||4—0||Legion Field (Birmingham, AL)||41,500|
|5||September 11||New York Giants||W 24—9||5—0||Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium (Omaha, NE)||14,250|
|1||September 19||at Baltimore Colts||L 16–35||0–1||Memorial Stadium||56,562|
|2||September 26||Detroit Lions||L 29–31||0–2||Metropolitan Stadium||46,826|
|3||October 3||at Los Angeles Rams||W 38–35||1–2||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||36,755|
|4||October 9||New York Giants||W 40–14||2–2||Metropolitan Stadium||44,283|
|5||October 17||Chicago Bears||L 37–45||2–3||Metropolitan Stadium||47,426|
|6||October 24||at San Francisco 49ers||W 42–41||3–3||Kezar Stadium||42,680|
|7||October 31||at Cleveland Browns||W 27–17||4–3||Cleveland Stadium||83,505|
|8||November 7||Los Angeles Rams||W 24–13||5–3||Metropolitan Stadium||47,426|
|9||November 14||Baltimore Colts||L 21–41||5–4||Metropolitan Stadium||47,426|
|10||November 21||Green Bay Packers||L 13–38||5–5||Metropolitan Stadium||47,426|
|11||November 28||San Francisco 49ers||L 24–45||5–6||Metropolitan Stadium||40,306|
|12||December 5||at Green Bay Packers||L 19–24||5–7||Lambeau Field||50,852|
|13||December 12||at Detroit Lions||W 29–7||6–7||Tiger Stadium||45,420|
|14||December 19||at Chicago Bears||W 24–17||7–7||Wrigley Field||46,604|
Note: The game against the Giants, originally scheduled for Sunday, October 10, was pushed up to Saturday night because of the World Series.
- This is an opening game attendance record at Metropolitan Stadium.
Template:1965 NFL Western standings
|Passing yards||Fran Tarkenton||2,609|
|Passing touchdowns||Fran Tarkenton||19|
|Rushing yards||Bill Brown||699|
|Rushing touchdowns||Tommy Mason||10|
|Receiving yards||Paul Flatley||896|
|Receiving touchdowns||Paul Flatley||7|
|Kickoff return yards||Lance Rentzel||602|
|Punt return yards||Tommy Mason||63|
|Category||Total yards||Yards per game||NFL rank|
(out of 14)
- "1965 Draft". Pro Football Hall of Fame. http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1996. Retrieved April 19, 2007.
- "1965 Minnesota Vikings". DatabaseFootball. Archived from the original on 10 April 2007. https://web.archive.org/web/20070410023804/http://www.databasefootball.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=MIN&lg=nfl&yr=1965. Retrieved April 19, 2007.
|Eastern Conference||Western Conference|
|1965 NFL Draft • NFL Playoffs • NFL Championship • Pro Bowl|
Related: 1965 AFL Season