|1963 Miami Redskins football|
|1963 record||5–3–2 (4–1–1 MAC)|
|Head coach||Bo Schembechler (1st season)|
|MVP||Tom Longsworth, Dave Mallory|
|Captain||Tom Longsworth, Dave Mallory|
|Home stadium||Miami Field|
Template:1963 Mid-American Conference football standings The 1963 Miami Redskins football team was an American football team that represented Miami University during the 1963 college football season. In March 1963, following John Pont's resignation as head coach, Miami hired Bo Schembechler, who had played for the team from 1948 to 1950 and served as an assistant coach in 1955, as the new head football coach.
In their first season under Schembechler, Miami finished in second place in the Mid-American Conference (MAC), compiled a 5–3–2 record (4–1–1 against MAC opponents), and outscored all opponents by a combined total of 208 to 178. Dave McClain joined Schembechler's staff as an assistant coach in 1963.
Three Miami players were selected as first-team players on the All-MAC team: quarterback Ernie Kellermann, fullback Tom Longsworth, and guard Dave Mallory. Longsworth and Mallory were the team captains and also shared the team's most valuable player honors.
- ↑ "Miami Names Head Coach". March 20, 1963. p. 16. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3928711/miami_names_head_coach/.
- ↑ "1963 Miami (OH) RedHawks Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-oh/1963-schedule.html. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- ↑ "2005 Miami University Football Media Guide". 2005. pp. 118, 122. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mioh/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/113-150_History.pdf. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, p. 125.
- ↑ "1963 Miami (OH) RedHawks Stats". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-oh/1963.html. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, p. 147.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, pp. 148-149.
|25px||This article about a sports team in Ohio is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|