|1962 Miami Redskins football|
|1962 record||8–2–1 (3–1–1 MAC)|
|Head coach||John Pont (7th season)|
|MVP||Bob Jencks, Tom Nomina|
|Home stadium||Miami Field|
Template:1962 Mid-American Conference football standings The 1962 Miami Redskins football team was an American football team that represented Miami University in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) during the 1962 college football season. In its seventh and final season under head coach John Pont, Miami compiled an 8–2–1 record (3–1–1 against MAC opponents), finished in third place in the MAC, lost to Houston in the 1962 Tangerine Bowl, and outscored all opponents by a combined total of 241 to 175. The season included a 10-7 victory over No. 9 ranked Purdue a victory ranked among the greatest victories in program history.
References[edit | edit source]
- "1962 Miami (OH) RedHawks Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-oh/1962-schedule.html. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- "2005 Miami University Football Media Guide". 2005. pp. 118, 122. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mioh/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/113-150_History.pdf. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- 2005 Media Guide, p. 130.
- "1962 Miami (OH) RedHawks Stats". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/miami-oh/1962.html. Retrieved December 30, 2015.
- 2005 Media Guide, p. 148.
- 2005 Media Guide, p. 149.
|25px||This article about a sports team in Ohio is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This College football 1960s season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|