|1958 USC Trojans football|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1958 record||4–5–1 (4–2–1 PCC)|
|Head coach||Don Clark (2nd season)|
|Home stadium||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum|
|1958 PCC football standings|
|#16 California †||6||–||1||–||0||7||–||4||–||0|
|† – Conference champion |
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1958 USC Trojans football team represented the University of Southern California (USC) in the 1958 NCAA University Division football season. In their second year under head coach Don Clark, the Trojans compiled a 4–5–1 record (4–2–1 against conference opponents), finished in third place in the Pacific Coast Conference, and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 151 to 120.
Tom Maudlin led the team in passing with 41 of 95 passes completed for 535 yards, four touchdowns and 15 interceptions. Don Buford led the team in rushing with 64 carries for 306 yards. Hillard Hill was the leading receiver with 11 catches for 319 yards and five touchdowns.
Four Trojans were recognized by either the Associated Press (AP) or the conference coaches on the 1958 All-Pacific Coast Conference football team: end Marlin McKeever (AP-1; Coaches-1); tackle Dan Ficca (AP-1; Coaches-2); guard Frank Florentino (Coaches-1 [tie]); and halfback Don Buford (Coaches-2).
|September 19||No. 12 Oregon State||W 21–0||40,286|
|September 27||at Michigan*||L 19–20||77,005|||
|October 3||North Carolina*||L 7–8||43,238|
|October 21||at No. 15 Oregon||L 0–25||32,734|
|October 18||California||L 12–14||34,872|
|October 25||vs. Washington State||W 14–6||25,000|
|November 1||at Stanford||W 29–6||52,000|
|November 8||Washington||W 21–6||32,987|
|November 22||at UCLA||T 15–15||58,507|
|November 29||No. 18 Notre Dame*||L 13–20||66,903|
- ↑ "Southern California Yearly Results (1955-1959)". College Football Data Warehouse. David DeLassus. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/s/southern_california/1955-1959_yearly_results.php. Retrieved July 20, 2015.
- ↑ "1958 Southern California Trojans Stats". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/southern-california/1958.html. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- ↑ "All-Coast Headed by Bates, Kapp". The Daily Sun, San Bernardino, California: p. B8. December 3, 1958. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/2578432/1958_ap_allpcc_football_team/. (AP)
- ↑ "Kapp, Bates Head Coaches' PCC Team". Independent, Long Beach, California: p. C4. December 5, 1958. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/2578404/1958_allpacific_coast_conference/.
- ↑ Tommy Devine (September 28, 1958). "13-Yard Conversion Pass Fails: SC's Gamble Is U-M Joy, 20-19". Detroit Free Press: p. 1E. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/30042280/13yard_conversion_pass_fails_scs/.