|1955 Miami Redskins football|
|1955 record||9–0 ( MAC)|
|Head coach||Ara Parseghian (5th season)|
|Home stadium||Miami Field|
Template:1955 Mid-American Conference football standings The 1955 Miami Redskins football team was an American football team that represented Miami University in the Mid-American Conference (MAC) during the 1955 college football season. In their fifth and final season under head coach Ara Parseghian, the Redskins compiled a perfect 9–0 record (5–0 against MAC opponents), won the MAC championshipn, and outscored opponents by a combined total of 226 to 47. The defense led the way for the 1955 Miami team, allowing an average of 5.2 points per game, which remains a Miami school record. Bo Schembechler was an assistant coach on the team.
Dick Mattern was the team captain. The team's statistical leaders included Tirrel Burton with 722 yards, Tom Dimitroff with 579 passing yards, and Presby Bliss with 218 receiving yards. Burton averaged 8.8 yards per carry, which remains a Miami school record. Burton also led the 1955 Miami team in scoring (84 points), pass interceptions (four), and punt returns (14 for 216 yards).
- ↑ "2005 Miami University Football Media Guide". 2005. pp. 117, 122. http://www.miamiredhawks.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/05-mediaguide.html. Retrieved September 23, 2016.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, p. 154.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, p. 148.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, p. 169.
- ↑ 2005 Media Guide, pp. 152, 156.
- ↑ "Formally inducted on February 21: Five former Redskin greats due Miami "Hall" honors". Journal News (Hamilton, OH). 1974-01-20.
|This College football 1950s season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|25px||This article about a sports team in Ohio is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|