|1947 Toronto Argonauts season|
|Head Coach||Teddy Morris|
|Home Field||Varsity Stadium|
|Playoff Finish||Won 35th Grey Cup|
|Previous season||Next season|
The 1947 Toronto Argonauts season was the 58th season for the team since the franchise's inception in 1873. The team finished in second place in the Interprovincial Rugby Football Union with a 7–4–1 record and qualified for the playoffs for the ninth consecutive season. The Argonauts defeated the Ottawa Rough Riders in a two-game total-points IRFU Final series before winning the Eastern Final over the Ottawa Trojans. The two-time defending Grey Cup champion Argonauts faced the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for the third time in a row in the Grey Cup game. Toronto won their eighth Grey Cup championship by a score of 10-9 for the first three-peat in franchise history.
Preseason[edit | edit source]
|B||Aug 30||Winnipeg Blue Bombers||Osborne Stadium||W 16–9||1–0|
|B||Sept 1||Winnipeg Blue Bombers||Osborne Stadium||W 11–0||2–0|
Regular season[edit | edit source]
Standings[edit | edit source]
|Ottawa Rough Riders||12||8||4||0||170||103||16|
Schedule[edit | edit source]
|1||Sept 6||@ Ottawa Rough Riders||Lansdowne Park||L 23–6||0–1–0|
|2||Sept 13||Montreal Alouettes||Varsity Stadium||L 15–7||0–2–0|
|3||Sept 17||@ Hamilton Tigers||Civic Stadium||W 34–25||1–2–0|
|3||Sept 20||Hamilton Tigers||Varsity Stadium||W 2–0||2–2–0|
|4||Sept 27||Ottawa Rough Riders||Varsity Stadium||W 8–0||3–2–0|
|5||Oct 4||@ Montreal Alouettes||Delorimier Stadium||W 10–6||4–2–0|
|6||Oct 11||@ Hamilton Tigers||Civic Stadium||W 13–1||5–2–0|
|6||Oct 13||Hamilton Tigers||Varsity Stadium||T 6–6||5–2–1|
|7||Oct 18||Montreal Alouettes||Varsity Stadium||W 25–3||6–2–1|
|8||Oct 25||@ Montreal Alouettes||Delorimier Stadium||L 17–12||6–3–1|
|9||Nov 1||Ottawa Rough Riders||Varsity Stadium||L 15–5||6–4–1|
|10||Nov 8||@ Ottawa Rough Riders||Lansdowne Park||W 12–11||7–4–1|
Postseason[edit | edit source]
|IRFU Final Game 1||Nov 11||@ Ottawa Rough Riders||Lansdowne Park||W 3–0|
|IRFU Final Game 2||Nov 15||Ottawa Rough Riders||Varsity Stadium||W 21–0|
|Eastern Final||Nov 22||Ottawa Trojans||Varsity Stadium||W 22–1|
|Grey Cup||Nov 29||Winnipeg Blue Bombers||Varsity Stadium||W 10–9|
Grey Cup[edit | edit source]
|Winnipeg Blue Bombers||6||3||0||0||9|
References[edit | edit source]
- "All-Time Coaching". Toronto Argonauts. Archived from the original on 22 April 2011. http://web.archive.org/web/20110422084043/http://argonauts.ca/page/all-time-coaching. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "Toronto Argonauts Stadium History". Toronto Argonauts. Archived from the original on 22 April 2011. http://web.archive.org/web/20110422083852/http://argonauts.ca/page/stadium-history. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "1947 Toronto Argonauts". Pro Football Archives. http://www.profootballarchives.com/1947irfutor.html. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "1947 Regular Season Standings". Canadian Football League. http://cfl.ca/standings/1947/reg. Retrieved 2011-05-07.
- "1947 Grey Cup Recap". Canadian Football League. http://cfl.ca/page/his_greycup_recap1947. Retrieved 2012-04-17.