|1945 Washington Huskies football|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1945 record||6–3 (6–3 PCC)|
|Head coach||Ralph Welch (4th season)|
|Home stadium||Husky Stadium|
|1945 PCC football standings|
|#11 USC †||5||–||1||–||0||7||–||4||–||0|
|† – Conference champion |
Rankings from AP Poll
Under fourth-year head coach Ralph Welch, the Huskies were 6–3 and finished third in the Pacific Coast Conference. Washington outscored its opponents by a combined total of 91 to 54. No non-conference games were played this season and Bill McGovern was the team captain.
After a two-year hiatus due to World War II, in-state rival Washington State resumed its program and was played twice. The games were split, with home team wins in shutouts in Seattle in October, and in Pullman at the end of the season. The Cougars had last fielded a team in 1942.
Oregon and Oregon State were also played twice, in Seattle and Portland. The Huskies swept Oregon, but split with Oregon State, with the visiting teams prevailing. The Huskies upset USC 13–7 in Seattle, the Trojans' only PCC loss. UCLA was not on the schedule this season, and Stanford did not field a team from 1943 through 1945.
|September 29||Oregon||W 20–6||32,000|
|October 6||at California||L 14–27||35,000|
|October 13||Washington State||W 6–0||35,000|
|October 20||vs. Oregon State||W 13–0||18,000|
|October 27||No. 20 USC||W 13–7||40,000|
|November 3||vs. Oregon||No. 18||W 7–0||28,194|
|November 10||Oregon State||No. 18||L 6–7||20,000|
|November 17||Idaho||W 12–0||6,000|
|November 24||Washington State||L 0–7||15,000|
- "Washington Yearly Results (1945-1949)". College Football Data Warehouse. David DeLassus. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/w/washington/1945-1949_yearly_results.php. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Maclean, James A. (October 14, 1945). "Washington Huskies provide upset by dropping W.S.C. Cougars". Eugene Register-Guard. United Press (Oregon): p. 18. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=AvFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HQgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6640%2C54084.
- "W.S.C. Cougars drop from undefeated ranks as Huskies win 6-0". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Associated Press (Idaho): p. 11. October 14, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Fb9eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NjEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1327%2C997101.
- "Important W.S.C.-Husky game on at Pullman today". Spokesman-Review (Spokane, Washington): p. 9. November 24, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=xnNWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=m-QDAAAAIBAJ&pg=4718%2C5762240.
- "Cougars beat Huskies; make bid for Rose Bowl". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Associated Press (Idaho): p. 10. November 25, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=P79eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NjEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=2984%2C4074000.
- Ashlock, Herb (November 26, 1945). "Two factors remain in path of W.S.C.'s Rose Bowl hopes". Spokane Daily Chronicle (Washington): p. 13. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=3dpXAAAAIBAJ&sjid=kPUDAAAAIBAJ&pg=7347%2C5076290.
- Strite, Dick (September 30, 1945). "Huskies defeat Oregon 20-6 in Seattle fray". Eugene Register-Guard (Oregon): p. 1. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=0rIRAAAAIBAJ&sjid=oOgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6752%2C5785671.
- Strite, Dick (November 4, 1945). "Battling Ducks drop game to Washington, 7-0". Eugene Register-Guard (Oregon): p. 1. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=CPFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HQgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6152%2C1494573.
- "Huskies defeat OSC Beavers". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Associated Press (Idaho): p. 9. October 21, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=HL9eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NjEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3452%2C1517860.
- Maclean, James A. (November 11, 1945). "Oregon State Beavers wreck Husky bowl hopes with 7-6 win". Eugene Register-Guard. United Press (Oregon): p. 18. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=DPFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HQgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6821%2C2150937.
- "Beavers put finishing touches to Rose Bowl Hopes of Huskies". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Associated Press (Idaho): p. 9. November 11, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Mb9eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NjEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=5128%2C3046064.
- Hewins, Jack (October 29, 1945). "Washington slicker Southern California Trojans". Eugene Register-Guard. Associated Press (Oregon): p. 20. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=BfFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HQgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6656%2C1081729.
- "Washington U upsets Trojans 13-7". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Associated Press (Idaho): p. 9. October 28, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=I79eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NjEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1493%2C2046158.
- "Washington Huskies defeat Vandals". Lewiston Morning Tribune. Associated Press (Idaho): p. 11. November 18, 1945. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=OL9eAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NjEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=4851%2C3561001.
- Hewins, Jack (November 18, 1945). "Huskies down Vandals 12-0". Eugene Register-Guard. Associated Press (Oregon): p. 21. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=EPFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=HQgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5205%2C2687440.
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|