Template:Infobox college sports team season Template:1938 Eastern college football independents records The 1938 Princeton Tigers football team was an American football team that represented Princeton University as an independent during the 1938 college football season. In its first season under head coach Tad Wieman, the team compiled a 3–4–1 record and outscored opponents by a total of 117 to 107. The team played its home games at Palmer Stadium in Princeton, New Jersey.
On February 9, 1938, Fritz Crisler announced his resignation as Princeton's head football coach in order to assume the same position at Michigan. Tad Wieman, who had served as an assistant coach under Crisler, was named days later as the school's new head coach.
|October 1||Williams||W 39–0|
|October 8||Dartmouth||L 0–22|
|October 15||Penn||W 13–0|
|October 22||at Navy||Annapolis, MD||T 13–13|
|October 29||at Harvard||Boston, MA (rivalry)||L 7–26|
|November 5||at Rutgers||New Brunswick, NJ (rivalry)||L 18–20|
|November 12||Yale||W 20–7|
|November 19||Army||L 7–19|
- "1938 Princeton Tigers Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/princeton/1938-schedule.html. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- "2008 Princeton Tigers Football Media Guide". Princeton University. p. 127. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/princeton.sidearmsports.com/documents/2008/8/7/135152.pdf. Retrieved April 9, 2020.
- 2008 Media Guide, p. 106.
- "Crisler Named Michigan Football Coach". Chicago Tribune: p. 2-1. February 10, 1938. http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1938/02/10/page/17/article/crisler-named-michigan-football-coach.
- Allison Danzig (February 10, 1939). "Post at Michigan Taken by Crisler: Coach of 2 Unbeaten Teams in 6 Years at Princeton Will Succeed Kipke". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/1938/02/10/archives/post-at-michigan-taken-by-crisler-coach-of-2-unbeaten-elevens-in-6.html.
- "Wieman Appointed Tiger Grid Mentor". The Daily Home News, New Brunswick, N.J.: p. 8. February 22, 1938. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/48339897/wieman-appointed-tiger-grid-mentor/.