|1938 California Golden Bears football|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1938 record||10–1 (6–1 PCC)|
|Head coach||Stub Allison (4th season)|
|1938 PCC football standings|
|#7 USC §||6||–||1||–||0||9||–||2||–||0|
|#14 California §||6||–||1||–||0||10||–||1||–||0|
|§ – Conference co-champions |
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1938 California Golden Bears football team was an American football team that represented the University of California, Berkeley in the Pacific Coast Conference (PCC) during the 1938 college football season. In their fourth year under head coach Stub Allison, the team compiled a 10–1 record (6–1 against PCC opponents), finished in a tie for the PCC championship, was ranked No. 14 in the final AP Poll, and outscored its opponents by a combined total of 219 to 44.
|September 24||Saint Mary's*||W 12–7||–|
|October 1||at Washington State||W 27–3||10,000|
|October 7||Cal Aggies*||W 48–0||–|
|October 8||Pacific (CA)*||W 39–0||–|
|October 15||UCLA||W 20–7||40,000|
|October 22||at Washington||No. 3||W 14–7||27,889|
|October 29||Oregon State||No. 3||W 13–7||25,000|
|November 5||at No. 13 USC||No. 3||L 7–13||95,000|
|November 12||Oregon||No. 14||W 20–0||–|
|November 19||Stanford||No. 9||W 6–0||–|
|December 26||Georgia Tech*||No. 12||W 13–0||–|
- ↑ "1935 California Golden Bears Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/california/1935-schedule.html. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- ↑ "California 2015 Football Information Guide". Cal Golden Bears Athletics. p. 163. Archived from the original on October 26, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161026170757/https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/423534.pdf. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- ↑ '16 Cougar Football. Washington State University Athletics. p. 81. http://www.wsucougars.com/documents/2016/8/25/2016_Football_Media_Guide_Color.pdf.
- ↑ 2017 Washington Football Information. University of Washington Athletics. p. 190. http://gohuskies.com/documents/2017/7/24/2017_FB_Guide.pdf.
- ↑ "Year-By-Year Results". 2017 Oregon State Football Media Guide Football. Oregon State Athletics. p. 165. http://osubeavers.com/documents/2017/8/1//Section_9_Year_by_Year_Results.pdf?id=7579.
- ↑ USC Football 2017 Media Guide. University of Southern California Athletics. p. 70. http://usctrojans.com/documents/2017/7/25/2017_USC_Football_Media_Guide.pdf.
- ↑ 2015 Football Information Guide. Cal Athletics. 2015. p. 163. Archived from the original on 2016-10-26. https://web.archive.org/web/20161026170757/https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/423534.pdf.
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports team in California is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|