|1919 Stanford football|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1919 record||4–3 (1–1 PCC)|
|Head coach||Bob Evans (1st season)|
|Home stadium||Stanford Field|
|1919 PCC football standings|
|§ – Conference co-champions |
This was the first time Stanford had fielded a football team since 1905. From 1905 to 1917, Stanford played rugby in place of football. In 1918, Stanford did not field an official team due to World War I, though an unofficial squad made up of volunteers from the Students' Army Training Corps stationed at Stanford (some of whom were not Stanford students) hurriedly organized to play several games, all blowout losses.
Bob Evans, who had coached Stanford men's basketball team the previous season, was named coach of the football team to go along with his basketball coaching duties. In his only season as football coach, Evans led the team to a 4–3 overall record.
In their first conference game in the Pacific Coast Conference, Stanford won its first-ever game against Oregon Agricultural College (now Oregon State); the team lost its other conference game, the Big Game against rival California.
|October 15*||USS Boston||Stanford Field • Stanford, CA||W 59–0|
|October 18*||Olympic Club||Stanford Field • Stanford, CA||L 0–13|
|October 26||at Oregon Agricultural||Bell Field • Corvallis, OR||W 14–6|
|November 1*||St. Mary's||Stanford Field • Stanford, CA||W 34–0|
|November 15*||Santa Clara||Stanford Field • Stanford, CA||W 13–0|
|November 22||California||Stanford Field • Stanford, CA (25th Big Game)||L 10–14|
|November 27*||USC||Bovard Field • Los Angeles, CA||L 0–13|
- Migdol, Gary (1997). Stanford: Home of Champions. Champaign, Illinois: Sports Publishing LLC. p. 58. ISBN 1-57167-116-1. http://books.google.com/books?id=BOl08FmEDIMC&pg=PA58. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- Swensen, H. G. (1918). "The Big Game". The Stanford Illustrated Review 20 (3): 142. http://books.google.com/books?id=ZsPmAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA142&lpg=PA142#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- "Name "Bob" Evans gridiron ruler of Stanford men". Spokane Daily Chronicle. April 23, 1919. http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1338&dat=19190423&id=2-JYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=L_QDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5475,4573698. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- Official results from "Stanford Football Media Guide". p. 142. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stan/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/09FB-history.pdf. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- "Stanford Game-by-Game Results; 1919–1924". College Football Data Warehouse. http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/pac10/stanford/yearly_results.php?year=1919. Retrieved June 13, 2014.