|1919 Southern Branch Cubs football|
|Head coach||Fred Cozens (1st season)|
|Home stadium||Moore Field|
|1919 NCAA independents football records|
|Wash. & Jeff.||–||6||–||2||–||0|
The 1919 Southern Branch Cubs football team represented the Southern Branch of the University of California in the 1919 college football season in its first year of existence. The team was coached by Fred Cozens, who was also the basketball coach, and finished the season with a 2–6 record, with victories over Occidental Frosh team and the Los Angeles Junior College.
|October 3||at Manual Arts High School*||L 0–74|
|October 10||at Hollywood High School*||L 6–19|
|October 17||at Bakersfield High School*||L 12–27|
|October 24||3:30 p.m.||Occidental Frosh*||W 7–2||250|
|October 30||Los Angeles JC*||W 7–0|
|November 7||USS Idaho (BB-42)*||L 0–20|
|November 14||4:00 p.m.||Los Angeles JC*||L 7–21||25|
|November 21||at Occidental Frosh*||L 13–30|
- ↑ 2013 UCLA Football Media Guide, UCLA, 2013
- ↑ "A Crowd Expected to Attend Game on Wilson Field". The Cub Californian (University of California, Los Angeles) (Vol. I No. 2). 3 October 1919. https://archive.org/stream/ucladailybruin01losa#page/n249/mode/2up. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- ↑ "California Cubs to Play Oxy on Home Grounds this P.M.". The Cub Californian (University of California, Los Angeles) (Vol. I No. 5). 24 October 1919. https://archive.org/stream/ucladailybruin01losa#page/n261/mode/2up. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- ↑ "Rose Bowl:Football Home of the Bruins". 2003 UCLA Media Guide. Los Angeles: UCLA Athletics. 2003. p. 315. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/uclabruins.com/documents/2013/6/28/2003-gen-info1.pdf#page=6.
- ↑ "Cubs Defeat Oxy Frosh; Score in Last Quarter". The Cub Californian. 31 October 1919. https://archive.org/stream/ucladailybruin01losa#page/n269/mode/2up.
- ↑ Ashur (21 November 1919). "Cubs-L.A.J.C.". The Cub Californian (University of California, Los Angeles). https://archive.org/stream/ucladailybruin01losa#page/n281/mode/2up. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- ↑ "2015 UCLA Bruins Football Media Guide Year-by-Year Results". 14 December 2016. http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/uclabruins.com/documents/2015/8/13/FB_15MG_96_100.pdf. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
|This article about a sports team in California is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|