|1919 Illinois Fighting Illini football|
|Conference||Big Ten Conference|
|1919 record||6–1 (6–1 Big Ten)|
|Head coach||Robert Zuppke|
|Offensive scheme||T formation|
|Home stadium||Illinois Field|
|1919 Big Ten football standings|
|† – Conference champion |
The 1919 Illinois Fighting Illini football team represented the University of Illinois in the 1919 college football season. The Fighting Illini compiled a 6–1 record (6–1 against Big Ten Conference opponents) and outscored their opponents by a combined total of 91 to 48. The team was selected retroactively as the national champion by the Billingsley Report and Boand System, and as a co-national champion by the College Football Researchers Association, Parke H. Davis, and Jeff Sagarin (using his alternate ELO-Chess methodology). Fullback William Kopp was the team captain.
|October 11||at Purdue||W 14–7|
|October 18||Iowa||W 9–7|
|October 25||Wisconsin||L 10–14|
|November 1||Chicago||W 10–0|
|November 8||at Minnesota||W 10–6|
|November 15||Michigan||W 29–7|
|November 22||at Ohio State||W 9–7|
|William Kopp (Captain)||Fullback|
|John C. Depler||Halfback|
|Clarence Applegran||Right guard|
|Chuck Carney||End, receiver, punter|
|Lawrence Walquist||Halfback, quarterback|
|Richard W. Reichle||Left end, kicker|
|Milton Olander||Guard, tackle|
|R. A. "Lief" Lifvendahl||Tackle|
|Otis Petty||Right tackle|
|C. Ernest Lovejoy||Quarterback|
- Head Coach: Robert Zuppke (7th year at Illinois)
Awards and honors
- Dick Reichle, end
- Burt Ingwersen, tackle
- Jack Depler, guard
- Second-team selection by Walter Camp for the 1919 All-America team
- "1919 Illinois Fighting Illini Schedule and Results". https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/illinois/1919-schedule.html.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) (2015). "National Poll Rankings" (PDF). NCAA Division I Football Records. NCAA. p. 108. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/2015/FBS.pdf. Retrieved January 8, 2016.
- "Fighting Illini Football Record Book". University of Illinois. 2015. p. 156. http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/fightingillini.com/documents/2015/8/3/3_History_7_30.pdf. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "All-American Team Picked by Hahn for Gazette". Reno Evening Gazette. 1919-12-04.
- "Walter Camp's All-American Team". Fitchburg Daily Sentinel. December 13, 1919.
Template:1919 Illinois Fighting Illini football navbox
Template:Big Ten Conference football champions
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|