|1917 California Golden Bears football|
|Conference||Pacific Coast Conference|
|1917 record||5–5–1 (2–1 PCC)|
|Head coach||Andy Smith (2nd season)|
|1917 PCC football standings|
|Washington State †||3||–||0||–||0||6||–||0||–||0|
|† – Conference champion |
The 1917 California Golden Bears football team was an American football team that represented the University of California, Berkeley in the Pacific Coast Conference (PCC) during the 1917 college football season. In their second year under head coach Andy Smith, the team compiled a 5–5–1 record (2–1 against PCC opponents), finished in second place in the PCC, and outscored its opponents by a combined total of 149 to 104.
|September 15||Mare Island*||L 0–27||–|
|September 22||Olympic Club*||L 2–6||–|
|September 29||Mare Island*||L 0–26||–|
|October 6||Olympic Club*||W 40–0||–|
|October 13||Navy Hospital Corps*||W 33–7||–|
|October 20||Occidental*||W 20–0||–|
|October 27||Oregon Agricultural||W 14–3||–|
|November 3||Washington||W 27–0||1,000|
|November 10||Saint Mary's*||L 13–14||–|
|November 17||at Oregon||L 0–21||–|
|November 29||at USC*||T 0–0||10,000|
- "1917 California Golden Bears Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/california/1917-schedule.html. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- "California 2015 Football Information Guide". Cal Golden Bears Athletics. p. 162. Archived from the original on October 26, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161026170757/https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/423534.pdf. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- 2017 Washington Football Information. University of Washington Athletics. p. 188. http://gohuskies.com/documents/2017/7/24/2017_FB_Guide.pdf.
- USC Football 2017 Media Guide. University of Southern California Athletics. p. 70. http://usctrojans.com/documents/2017/7/25/2017_USC_Football_Media_Guide.pdf.
- 2015 Football Information Guide. Cal Athletics. 2015. p. 162. Archived from the original on 2016-10-26. https://web.archive.org/web/20161026170757/https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/423534.pdf.
|This article about a sports team in California is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|
|This college football season article is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|