The 1916 College Football All-America team consists of American football players selected to the College Football All-America Teams selected by various organizations in 1916. The organizations that chose the teams included Collier's Weekly selected by Walter Camp.
All-Americans of 1916
- Bert Baston, Minnesota (College Football Hall of Fame) (WC-1; UP-1; INS-1; WE-1; PP-1; FY-1; BP-1; MS)
- James Pat Herron, Pittsburgh (WC-2; INS-2; WE-1; MS)
- Charles Comerford, Yale (INS-1; BP-1)
- George Moseley, Yale (WC-1; WE-2; FY-2)
- Henry Miller, Penn (WC-2; LP-1; FY-1)
- Richard Harte, Harvard (INS-2; MON-1; FY-2)
- Clifford Carlson, Pitt (Basketball Hall of Fame) (PP-2)
- Tommy Whelan, Georgetown (PP-2)
- Highley, Princeton (UP-2; LP-1)
- Stan Cofall, Notre Dame (UP-2; MS)
- Paul Eckley, Cornell (WE-2)
- Bob Higgins, Penn State (College and Pro Football Hall of Fame) (MON-1)
- Coolidge, Harvard (WC-3)
- Morris Vowell, Tennessee (WC-3)
- Belford West, Colgate (WC-1; UP-1; INS-1; WE-1; PP-2; LP-1; BP-1)
- Clarence Horning, Colgate (WC-1; WE-2; MS)
- McLean, Princeton (MON-1; FY-1; BP-1)
- Artemus Gates, Yale (WC-2; UP-2; INS-2)
- DeVitalis, Brown (UP-1; PP-1)
- George Hauser, Minnesota (INS-1)
- Mark Farnum, Brown (INS-2; MON-1)
- Fred Becker, Iowa (WE-1)
- Louis Seagrave, Washington (WC-3 [g]; PP-1)
- Fred Gillies, Cornell (FY-1)
- Bob Karch, Ohio State (FM)
- Wheeler, Harvard (UP-2; LP-1; FY-2)
- Ward, Navy (WC-2)
- Beacham, Tufts (PP-2)
- Little, Penn (FY-2)
- Mayer, Minnesota (WE-2)
- Beckett, Oregon (WC-3)
- __nico, Washington & Lee (WC-3)
- Clinton Black, Yale (WC-1; UP-1; INS-1; WE-1; MON-1; PP-1; LP-1; FY-1; BP-1; MS)
- Harrie Dadmun, Harvard (WC-1; UP-2; INS-2; WE-1; FY-1)
- Frank T. Hogg, Princeton (WC-2; PP-1; MS)
- Fox, Yale (UP-1)
- Thornhill, Pitt (INS-1)
- Henning, Penn (FY-2; BP-1)
- Christopher Schlachter, Syracuse (MON-1)
- Charlie Bachman, Notre Dame (College Football Hall of Fame) (WC-2; LP-1)
- Nourse, Princeton (WE-2; PP-2)
- Sinclair, Minnesota (PP-2)
- Good, Colgate (UP-2)
- Barton, Colgate (INS-2)
- Arnold McInerney, Notre Dame (WE-2)
- Garrett, Rutgers (WC-3)
- Bob Peck, Pittsburgh (College Football Hall of Fame) (WC-1; UP-1; INS-1; WE-1; MON-1; PP-1; BP-1; MS)
- John McEwan, Army (WC-2; UP-2; INS-2; WE-2; PP-2)
- Alfred Gennert, Princeton (LP-1; FY-1)
- Becket, Iowa (FY-2)
- George Phillips, Georgia Tech (WC-3)
- Chic Harley, Ohio State (College Football Hall of Fame) (WC-1; UP-1; INS-1; WE-1; PP-1; FY-1; BP-1)
- Everett Strupper, Georgia Tech (College Football Hall of Fame) (PP-1 [e])
- Fritz Pollard, Brown (College and Pro Football Hall of Fame) (WC-1; UP-2; INS-2; WE-2; MON-1; PP-2; LP-1; BP-1; MS)
- Andy Hastings, Pittsburgh (UP-1; INS-1)
- Eddie Casey, Harvard (College Football Hall of Fame) (WC-2; WE-2; PP-1; FY-2)
- John Maulbetsch, Michigan (College Football Hall of Fame) (FY-1)
- Harry LeGore, Yale (WC-2; INS-2; WE-2 [fb]; PP-2; LP-1 [fb]; FY-2)
- Claire Long, Minnesota (FM)
- Paddy "The Wasp" Driscoll, Northwestern (College and Pro Football Hall of Fame) (WC-3; UP-2)
- Johnny "The Great" Gilroy, Georgetown (WC-3)
- ↑ "Three Colgate Men Picked By Camp for All-American Team". The Syracuse Herald. 1916-12-26.
- ↑ H.C. Hamilton (1916-12-03). "West Men on United Press All-American". Des Moines Daily News.
- ↑ Jack Velock, INS sports editor (1916-12-04). "Have Hard Job Selecting All-American Team". Lima Times Democrat.
- ↑ "Four Westerners On All-American: 1916 Selection Made by W. Eckersall". Daily Review (Decatur, IL). 1916-12-11.
- ↑ Monty (1916-11-25). "All American is Selected by Monty: Talent Stands Out". Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- ↑ Paul Purman (1916-12-02). "The News' Own All-American 1916 Football Team". Des Moines Daily News.
- ↑ "Lawrence Perry Picks All Stars". The Day. December 7, 1916. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Wv0gAAAAIBAJ&sjid=onUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3930,3875926&dq=lawrence-perry&hl=en.
- ↑ "Yost's 1916 All American". Mansfield News. 1916-12-27.
- ↑ "Here's All-American Eleven for 1916". The Times (Hammond, IN). 1916-12-05.
- ↑ ESPN CollegeFootball Encyclopedia, p. 1152
- ↑ Consensus All-American designations based on the NCAA guide to football award winners