|1904 Northwestern Purple football|
|1904 record||8–2 (1–2 Western)|
|Head coach||Walter McCornack (2nd season)|
|Home stadium||Sheppard Field|
Template:1904 Western Conference football standings The 1904 Northwestern Purple football team was an American football team that represented Northwestern University during the 1904 Western Conference football season. In its second season under head coach Walter McCornack, the team compiled an 8–2 record and finished in a tie for fifth place in the Western Conference. The team's sole losses were to Chicago and conference co-champion Minnesota.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
|September 24||Fort Sheridan*||W 17–0|
|October 1||North Central*||W 34–0|
|October 5||North Division High*||W 18–0|
|October 8||Lombard*||W 55–0|
|October 15||Beloit*||W 34–0|
|October 22||at Chicago||L 0–32||15,000|||
|October 29||DePauw*||W 45–0|
|November 5||Wisconsin-Oshkosh*||W 97–0|
|November 12||Illinois||W 12–6|||
|November 19||vs. Minnesota||L 0–17||11,000|||
References[edit | edit source]
- "1904 Northwestern Wildcats Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/northwestern/1904-schedule.html. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- "2017 Northwestern Football Media Guide". Northwestern University. p. 106. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/nusports.com/documents/2017/7/21/Northwestern_2017_Media_Guide.pdf. Retrieved June 16, 2018.
- "Chicago Team Decisively Downs the Northwesterners". The Inter Ocean: p. 9. October 23, 1904. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/20999018/chicago_team_decisively_downs_the/.
- "Northwestern Defeats the Haughty Illinois". Chicago Tribune: p. 10. November 13, 1904. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/20998811/northwestern_defeats_the_haughty/.
- "Minnesota Wins From the Purple". Chicago Tribune: p. 13. November 20, 1904. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/20998931/minnesota_wins_from_the_purple/.
|25px||This article about a sports team in Illinois is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|